1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Prepare For The SYKCO Alpha Dog 6. . . INFI & Resiprene C. . .Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 4, 2019.

1. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    WatermanChris and JACKMANDU like this.
  2. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015

Better than the B6LE? I have never handled one, always thought I would reach for the B8LE over the B6 after getting one of those first on the after market. But I did get a few of these ;) so was just curious about your thoughts on that comparison if you have? :)

WatermanChris likes this.
  3. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    On the larger Basics, the over-wide ricasso isn’t a problem for me, but with the “large” Res-C handle (as compared with the Basic 5 or 511) and the oversized ricasso and choil, the B6LE edge length was left disappointingly short for the size of the knife overall, IMO. The ratio of usable edge to overall length on the AD6 is much improved. ETA: Also, the angle of handle drop on the B6 has always seemed exaggerated to me for some reason.

Edited to say—

I went back and looked at several of the “new era” Basics and realized that the width of the ricasso is just a function of how far out from the handle the plunge grind is. So the wider ricasso itself is not really adding any space between handle and edge—it just accentuates the space visually.

The features that cause the problem are obviously the talon guard and choil together, added to the Res-C handle which already has its own integral guard. The choil could be reduced in size like the ones on the old crinkle-coat Basics—or more recently on the Hog Badger. But the solution of using the smaller “talon” on the SYKCO knives seems like the better design, since no additional guard is needed in front of the Res-C handle.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Great to hear that thanks Will! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Glad I didn't pop for a B6 in the aftermarket now ha. Always have thought the AD6 looks like a great user and carry blade! Mine should arrive Monday. :D Saw a post on the X claiming they will fit perfectly in DS6 sheaths. I hope so!

Will York likes this.
  5. MosesMcgregor

MosesMcgregor Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2014
    So when is the Alpha Dog 8 gonna hit the website? :D

hydeinmind, dogboye and JACKMANDU like this.
  6. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Aaaaaaaaaargh... The AD6 should've arrived yesterday, but was sent to the wrong part of the state and has just returned to the SF distribution center.:mad:

Gotta wait 'til Monday now before I can fondle her.:(

It passed 30min (TWICE) from my house and sqealed each time as it went by. I thought I heard something outside last night.

gk4ever2 and Will York like this.
  7. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    You will love it Stumpy.;):thumbsup:

Will York and Stump Buster like this.
  8. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    I tell you this much, I can't overstate how much I love this AD6, it's perfect in so many ways and the details on it are outstanding - I was kicking myself in the ass for passing on those MO Infi DS' when they came around so I feel like I've been redeemed. I let Garth know how much I really loved this blade. He was concerned that getting it with the Raider it might have overshadowed it but that's a HELL NO! not in anyway - to be honest, I'm probably more stoked - if that can be believed because I don't have anything else in res-C besides the HogB8 - and now my regrets of missing those are totally gone because I know this is going to be a super smash success for all those who grabbed it.

9. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Got mine today. First Busse/SYKCO and I’m impressed. The Res-C handles are impressive. Bigger overall than I thought so will need to decide if it’s a keeper.

WatermanChris and Will York like this.
  10. Iliveocean

Iliveocean Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2019
    Nothing like trying to control your Queensland heeler and contain your excitement enough to get that signature for UPS.

[​IMG]

11. Stump Buster

Nov 15, 2007
    I was like a little kid at Christmas today (Oh Boy ... it's Here... It's HERE... Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!!!). I haven't been this excited for a box from Wauseon since the chunky cousin of this little fella arrived a little while ago. No Bacon tape on this box, but that gets tossed anyway. It's what's inside that really matters.... and it did NOT DISAPPOINT!!!

HOME RUN DAN!!! As Brother Will said... this thing is a WINNER!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's my only YARD Knife now (My DF was sold a while back and I've been without a pound puppy for too long) and WHAT a REPRESENTITIVE SYKCO blade it is!!!:cool::cool::cool:

THANKS Dan, Jerry and the rest of the Busse Combat Team for bringing this one to life!!!:D

Stump;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  12. Stump Buster

Nov 15, 2007
    You were NOT wrong Brother Tom!!!:cool::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    WatermanChris likes this.
  13. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    It would look really sweet next to an Alpha Dog 12....

14. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Congrats Stumpy, I glad you finally received it!:D:thumbsup:

WatermanChris and Stump Buster like this.
  15. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Got my DC BIG today. Nice evenly ground edge, not a single pit or machine mark to be found, and I do believe the logo was lazered in hard enough that it may even survive a bead blasting. Not the dark color, but maybe the lettering itself. Definitely a keeper.

16. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Satin landed today Down Under ....
    [​IMG]

With a skinny Ash 1 ....
    [​IMG]

17. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    4B5B8264-D432-410F-81BC-CCA0C58041BD.jpeg
    If it had been published prior to release, this pic would have sold a boatload of AD6’s.:thumbsup::cool:

18. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Brought the new AD6 with me to work today (all my buddies in the shop anticipate seeing my new Busse/Kin blades almost as much as I do) and pretty much everyone said the same two things about it. First being that it would be a perfect camp knife, and secondly, it felt choppier than they expected it to be.

19. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
  20. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    Wonderful knife. Just love it. Very well balanced.
    [​IMG]