Pretty cool trap

pretty cool looking trap-looks like it took forever to build.

i wonder just how it traps the bear though? smacking its tail while its at the bait? or are you supposed to attach a door or something to keep the bear inside?

pretty cool looking trap-looks like it took forever to build.

i wonder just how it traps the bear though? smacking its tail while its at the bait? or are you supposed to attach a door or something to keep the bear inside?

It doesn't trap the bear inside - the drop log, with a lot of additional weight kills the bear. Do a search on the Samson Deadfall.

Doc

It would probably work if the deadfall were built up as a wall. Oh, and some long pointy sticks handy.......

I love deadfalls. for kicks and giggles i set one up using a 3 foot diameter douglas fir log, about 20' long, lifted up about 6 feet using a 40:1 mechanical advantage pulleys and using neighbouring trees as a lifting anchor point.

more of a vehicle crusher if done across a road.......

I think the problem with such a dead fall would be people under estimating how much weight it would take to kill a full grown bear.

I love deadfalls. for kicks and giggles i set one up using a 3 foot diameter douglas fir log, about 20' long, lifted up about 6 feet using a 40:1 mechanical advantage pulleys and using neighbouring trees as a lifting anchor point.

more of a vehicle crusher if done across a road.......

Damn! That would kill a dinosaur - one of the really big ones!!! :D

Doc