Preview of our new website

Hi,

You guys being great fans of our products, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak of our new website. It's 95% done and needs proofreading and other tweaking.

Anyone wishing to look it through more critically and give us a heads-up on things not working or if you find typos, that would be welcome. If you do, please let us also know what browser and version you're using.

SOG's New Website

Here's the Splash Page. It is not up yet, but rather a first draft.

We're very excited about this new site. It is a significant step up for us.

I'm not sure when we'll make the transition to this site, but it should be soon. We might overlook a few flaws to get it up soon, or we'll work though it to "get it right."

Enjoy! :)

Justed added...Splash Page (above)

Looks great. Nice colors and presentation. I giant step up from the previous effort. ;)

BTW, the mini x-ray vision shows with a plain edge. I saw in an earlier thread that it was going to production with a combo edge. Can it be had with plain? Hope so. It looks like it will be EDC-friendly.

A very nice site Ron. Easily navigable and great photos of the product. The descriptions are above par too.
Two Thumbs up!

One question though...I didn't see the new Recondo Field Knife in the "new products" section.
Sooo, is it still a go?

Hi Ron, Really nice site. I like the layout and the images. Very nice! :D

However, I did find a few problems on the site:

* The FAQ button doesn't show up

* When ever I try to go to the Seal 2000 page I get the Error "HTTP 404 - File not found" all of the links point to the file "seal2k.htm"

* The image for the Mini Pentagon on http://www.sogknives.com/SOGsite/fipent.htm shows the Pentagon - don't know if it suposed to be like that, but it is a little confusing.

* I'm running Windows98 SE, Internet Explorer 5.0.

When ever I look at the products on the new site I start to drool. I really need to get another SOG soon so I don't destroy my keyboard. :)

Heber Ellsworth

Thanks for the back door opportunity Ron.

The link to the SEAL 2000 doesn't work for me (goes to error page.) I'm using MIE.

My opinion??

Lookin' Gooood! You guys truly out did yourselves this time. But then, what else can we possibly expect from Sog Knives, other than being the finest. Way to go!

Krizzard. out.
"...Whoever kills with the sword must be killed by the sword... "
- The New Testament, Revelation 13:10

Ron,
Oh yessss, I do like the site.
Just to add to the Mr. Fixit list: At the X-42 Autoclip location: a small proof read error, "...dual thumbs quickly...":p
Dan

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the "thumbs up" review! We'd seen some of the "fix-it" items you've mentioned, while others are new to us. Keep them coming.

And what about the Recondo field knife? Has it just not been added yet?

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this one Ron.:D

Ron,
First off, site is great. More interactive. Can't wait for the extra pictures.
You have mail on some typos...
Rob

Hey Everyone,

The new site is up! We'll tweak a number of things over the next couple of weeks.

We know there are a number of typos and incorrect stats. I've fixed a few of the bad links.

We wanted to get it up quickly. Thanks for all your input.

Back