Price and Method for shipping to Canada?

Anyone know the delivery method to Canada from Swamp Rat?

I would prefer USPS Global Express Mail as there are no extra brokerage fee's upon delivery unlike the crooks at UPS and FedEx.

Hello Fellow Canuk

I can't speak for SwampRat Knives but here are my experiences getting items from Stateside.

UPS, NO WAY, NO HOW ! ! ! Like you said crooks

FedEx, Expensive but I've always had good luck with them. 0nly got nailed with brokerage charges once.

Purolator, I put them in the same boat as UPS. Lately they've taken to adding a brokerage charge a la UPS

DHL, This one is still developing. The Edmonton Office is a JOKE, run by a bunch of trained monkeys (no offense intended to monkeys). Maybe the Calgary office will be better.

USPS, When I can this is my perfered method of ordering from Stateside. Quick and Cheap. Who knew the Post Office would become the top choice.

That's about it, please let me know how SwampRat will ship to Canada. I've been looking at the RatTrap with Lust since it was introduced . . .

Take Care

Hi pageophile, I did some looking on the Swamp Rat website and they do in fact ship via USPS Global Priority which is my top choice for US transactions as well.

This is great news! I intend to order a Ratweiler within the next week or so.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Swamp Rat and Busse are great companys (company?) but the only bad part is the $25 or shipping to Canada. Other than that, awesome. And the knives are worth the $25.

$25 isn't that bad actually. I just received my Busse EU17 from Idahoskunk and the shipping was $18.xx from the US as quoted on the www.usps.com website. So realistically and extra $6 and change for packaging and whatnot is totally acceptable in my mind.

Swamp Rat charges $24 for shipping to Canada but the problem is: the shipment I got from them was sent basic USPS airmail which cost them $4.40. No insurance or expedited service was used.

This was a bit dissapointing considering the the shipping they charged.