Price check in aisle 3....

JohnTheTexican

Gold Member
My ex-wife has a SHBM (formerly mine) that she wants to sell. I haven't seen it in years, but I'm pretty sure it's still in new condition. I'm not sure exactly what variation it is, but I do know that I ordered it shortly after INFI and the Battle Mistress were introduced (but IIRC, there was a year or two between the time I ordered it and the time I got it). It has the smooth black coating on the blade and the original sheath. I told her that there are people who might make it worth her while to part with it, but I don't really know the going rate. What do y'all suppose someone would pay for one of those? If more information about the knife is needed to estimate its current market value, what information would that be?

BTW-- This is not a "for sale" thread. I'm just looking for information right now.

Where is Cobalt when you need him? :confused: It is probably in the $650 - $800 range, unless it is one of the first 300 with the swedge on the tip, that is important to know.

Where is Cobalt when you need him? :confused: It is probably in the $650 - $800 range, unless it is one of the first 300 with the swedge on the tip, that is important to know.

I don't remember a swedge, but I haven't seen it in years. I'll find out if she's really serious about selling it, and if she is, post a picture.

Not to get personal, but I have been through 2 divorces. Putting big things like real estate aside, I don't understand how the wife can get small personal items such as knives. In both of my divorces, I kept all my things and she kept all her things.
The only exception to that was that when I moved out of my house during the first divorce, I couldn't find a Savage model 67 12 gauge shotgun I bought in college. She swore she never found it, but I am sure she kept it.

SHBM values as I see them:

Factory Swedge slotted bolts means 1 of 300, 1 of 6, or 10th mtn div. Any one of these mint could go $1250 to $1600 or hogher depending on condition. A 1 of 6 would be the high end. 1 of 300 in mint condition should be about 1250 these days maybe a little more. For users take off about 200

Original LE mint $1,400 to $1,600 (and higher) would be fair
Satin Just like LE without LE number about $100 less

Standard satin will go for about $1,100
A bead Blast SHBM recently went for $1,100.

Combat Grade mint hollow rivet I would say $850. Slotted bolts about $100 more than hollow rivets. Fatty (approx. 0.27 inch thick add $50 to $75)

User Combat Grade about $650 to $750 depending on the model. A slotted bolt user will be more than a hollow tube user.

Then you have Custom Shop versions which can vary in pricing. Most Custom shop variants will be between $1,100 and $1,500. Depending on the finish etc.

These are prices that I would consider fair right now. As I am not sellinig these nor will I, I have no personal interest so this is just FYI what I would consider fair pricing.

In the end they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Now in non Busse womens terms I would say they are all worth about $300:D

Not to get personal, but I have been through 2 divorces. Putting big things like real estate aside, I don't understand how the wife can get small personal items such as knives. In both of my divorces, I kept all my things and she kept all her things.
The only exception to that was that when I moved out of my house during the first divorce, I couldn't find a Savage model 67 12 gauge shotgun I bought in college. She swore she never found it, but I am sure she kept it.

they are little things until you have $50,000 worth of little things, then they become big things:eek:

they are little things until you have $50,000 worth of little things, then they become big things:eek:

Ain't THAT the truth. LOL "Wait, how come YOU get to keep all the dust-bunnies!!! We collected them TOGETHER!" LOL :D ..."Half, Eddie, Half..."

Ain't THAT the truth. LOL "Wait, how come YOU get to keep all the dust-bunnies!!! We collected them TOGETHER!" LOL :D ..."Half, Eddie, Half..."

From what I see friends go through it seems that family law lawyers are about the most stupid and lazy human beings on earth. My cat moves faster when he is taking a nap.

SHBM values as I see them:

Factory Swedge slotted bolts means 1 of 300, 1 of 6, or 10th mtn div. Any one of these mint could go $1250 to $1600 or hogher depending on condition. A 1 of 6 would be the high end. 1 of 300 in mint condition should be about 1250 these days maybe a little more. For users take off about 200

Original LE mint $1,400 to $1,600 (and higher) would be fair
Satin Just like LE without LE number about $100 less

Standard satin will go for about $1,100
A bead Blast SHBM recently went for $1,100.

Combat Grade mint hollow rivet I would say $850. Slotted bolts about $100 more than hollow rivets. Fatty (approx. 0.27 inch thick add $50 to $75)

User Combat Grade about $650 to $750 depending on the model. A slotted bolt user will be more than a hollow tube user.

Then you have Custom Shop versions which can vary in pricing. Most Custom shop variants will be between $1,100 and $1,500. Depending on the finish etc.

These are prices that I would consider fair right now. As I am not sellinig these nor will I, I have no personal interest so this is just FYI what I would consider fair pricing.

In the end they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Now in non Busse womens terms I would say they are all worth about $300:D

Don't know when the spike hit :confused: A little over a year ago, those double cuts were going for $550. Then it went to $750, now at $1,000. :confused:

Don't know when the spike hit :confused: A little over a year ago, those double cuts were going for $550. Then it went to $750, now at $1,000. :confused:

Factory double go for 550? Where? I was here and never saw that. Besides, there is no original factory DC SHBM. They were bead blast and there was 12 made.

Just out of curosity was was the origioanl sell price on the different models?

Just out of curosity was was the origioanl sell price on the different models?

hell no.:thumbup:

Think about a tiny little game warden selling 2 days after purchased through the company store going for $300. No think of a mint 8 year old knife that goes 3 to 4 times it's original price. It is only in the last two years that SHBM's and SHSH's have skyrocketed in price.

Funny thing is that the factory price on the CG hasn't changed much. The originals were $347 I think. The new one is $387, so Busse has dkept prices dow.

And god help you if your looking for an ATS34 or A2 blade.

I went thru similiar circumstances a few years ago. I actually bought some stuff back from my ex (not guns or knives cause she didnt get ANY of those, mine mine mine). She needed the money, I gave her as much or more than she could get elsewhere. If your ex doesnt know what that is worth or how to go about selling it for what it is really worth, its just a knife to her. I'm not advocating cheating her but after all, she is EX..... Buy it back and keep it or resell it.

Back