Price check TGLB/War Train Handcar/HOGB8

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by G-Rob-D, Jun 29, 2020.

1. G-Rob-D

G-Rob-D Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Hi all, I have Comp TGLB (not TGULB) Satin WTH and Satin HOGB8 that I am contemplating putting up for sale. What would be a fair price for these? I would at least like to get what I have into them back. All are unused, and unsharpened. The only weird thing is the fuller on the tglb went closer to the logo than usual. You can kind of see it in the picture. Thanks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. grizzle

grizzle Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2016
    Hmm they look worn out, doubt you could sell em at all. I can dispose of them for you tho. ;)

Nah a good place is to go to your old invoices and see what you paid before shipping, then add 10 bucks. Or do the same thing but with busse collector prices.

My rough hoglet estimates say:
    460-500 for the tgulb
    350-400 for the HOG b8
    350+? for the wth

glws!:thumbsup:

3. Briandt3

Briandt3 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2018
    The TGLB will get a higher price than a TGULB will. I would do a search on the sub forum to see what they have sold for.

4. G-Rob-D

Feb 4, 2016
    Yeah, it’s a regular Tglb, purchased around 2016

Briandt3 likes this.
  5. grizzle

grizzle Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2016
    :eek: Oh my bad, must've misread it

I wouldn't be surprised if they do go for much more

6. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Nice trio :thumbsup:

I'd agree with grizzle's prices, but maybe a bit higher on the HC and TGLB because of the satin and comp finishes...also, fancy g10 handles <like yours> will usually bump it up a bit...

I've seen some variation in the logo placement before, it's fairly common. I wouldn't think that'd deduct much, imho.....

here's mine for comparison, note the plunge line and logo relative to the fuller end + logo distance from front of handle:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The TGLB hit it's price apex a few years back...black & tan handled comp. finishes would fetch 800-1000 pretty regularly.

Pandemic has made it a great time to buy :D...but selling, maybe not so much. :confused:

Just one opinion-- you asked for some. :)

7. G-Rob-D

Feb 4, 2016
    Thanks for the info!

8. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I bought two comp finish TGLB in the past month or two and they were both around $550 iirc. A far stretch from the $900-$1100 they used to fetch. TGULB gave people their fix for a comp finish on a TG variant in my opinion. Also made a CF TG less rare, thus killing the premium. Might still be able to get $600-650 for it with the red/blk g10. My thoughts. :)

duramax and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  9. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator

Jun 4, 2001
    Prices look good,
    600 to 700ish on the TGLB cf w/g-10 (they are older, a nice comp finish one can be rare, and the g-10 adds a premium)
    450ish on the HOG B8 (they were 427.00)
    100.00 at the most on the WTH, ......................no one likes them, they are ugly and kind of weird.

p.s.
    I know a sheath Maker that would love to "look" at the handcar :)

vkp78 likes this.
  10. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    I personally think that WTH is just sick.. love mine. Seems it would be a skinners dream. an they seem somewhat rare judging by peoples collection photos.

vkp78 likes this.
  11. David Brown

Jun 4, 2001
    Dude......................ugh
    [​IMG]

vkp78 likes this.
  12. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Uuuh...i mean just cause they look awesome, slice great, and feel like a dream in hand, and beam with satin infi..doesnt mean you should go buy one.. clearly nobody wants them at all.. for the most part.... pretty much

13. David Brown

Jun 4, 2001
    That's better ;)
    kind of ;)