Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CPMD2

• 440C

• Something else

• Total voters
Ok, guys I am planning the first run of Pro Series Lahar's and I want some info form you all. What would you like to see in these? Steel type, blade finishes, handle treatments etc. I can't promise that I will make it so everyone thinks it is perfect, but I am willing to listen to all opinions.

I added a Poll to vote on blade steels, but feel free to post on the other things as well.

Thanks!

Tim

I for one would like to see a handle material that provides a good grip,lasting finish, but easy on the pocket. I've either stopped carrying some knives cause of the too grippy texture or I end up sanding them smooth. My Lahar that had for 4 days was one of my favorites,then it got lost. Excited to see what you'll bring out.

I voted for CPMD2, but CPM154 would match the JYD and that appeals as well. Since you asked for other wishes, my vote is for jigged titanium handles. I really like the double bolstered look shown here:

attachment.php

but using the deep blue of this one:

attachment.php

You could omit the federal shield for all I care. I also prefer the standoffs (like you used for the JYDs) compared to the solid spacer.

Attachments

• Galyean_C07_03-copy.jpg
    Galyean_C07_03-copy.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 602
Jigged titanium handles would be really cool, but I like the look of the single bolster, not the double. I accidentally voted 154CM for blade steel, but I meant to vote CPM154CM. Handle color? I'm pretty easy, but I'd to see this one stand out. Maybe a rich dark red? Whatever combo makes the final cut, it's gonna look great!

Jonny

i like the look of one bolster like the denim colored handled lahar.....that's gonna be one cool knife whatever u do.......ohh and i just realized i could have voted for other!.....i would vote for vg-10....the production lahar i have is great and i love that steel.....i don't know if it'd be available to u though.....if not i stay with my vote......ryan

D2 is one of my favorite using steels........CPMD2 all the way for me :D

Cerberus

How about loading this one up with a nice piece of CPM3V? CPM-D2 would be my next choice. Of course this is all prefaced on the fact you can't get your hands on any ZDP-189! If you can, then the Ti handle would be required! A hollow grind would be nice, too.

Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

I would love to see a double bolstered knife.I get weak in the knees for double bolstered knives. I voted for CPMD2, but would be perfectly content with CPM154CM.

Back