1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

probably not in the right place, but...

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by docboy, Oct 16, 2006.

1. docboy

docboy

Mar 13, 2006
    hello everybody, i'm very new here, and to fixed blades. i was drooling over some busses when i found their more affordable relative in scrap yard knives. i think i'll get a scrapper 6, but what's a zero edge, and will it make the LE better than the regular scrapper 6? thanks

2. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
  3. JGarrison Knives

JGarrison Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 28, 2005

Yeah what the amish looking guy said :D

4. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Hey now...I use zippers and Drive;)

5. MORIMOTOM

MORIMOTOM

Oct 29, 2005
    a zero edge, as i understand it (and i may be completely wrong:D ), is most knives have a secondary grind where the edge comes to a point. a zero grind does not have this secondary grind and in the case of the scrapyard the edge appears to have been ground right from the spine to the edge. if you see the two next two each other it is obvious. i probably lack the vocabulary to explain this properly, but gave it a shot anyway. hope i helped.

6. Josh Muller

Josh Muller

Jun 22, 2003
    the scrapper 6 is a full flat grind fixed blade.

with the full flat grind, there are 2 seperate bevels on the knife, the main primary bevel that makes up most of the visible surface of the knife, and the cutting edge bevel, wich is what you grind on to sharpen the knife.

on most knives, these are 2 completely seperate flat surfaces, that have a line that meets at an obtuse angle where the primary bevel meets the cutting edge bevel.

on a zero ground knife, wich can mean one of 2 things, there is no angle between the two, it is convex ground so that it is a smooth round transition.

that is one type, where it is convexed for a smooth transition. the other is a puuko style zero edge grind, wich is where the entire primary bevel is sharpened to sharpen the edge of the knife. sort of as though the cutting edge bevel was extended out much farther then normal.

on busse knives, you'll see the convexed type of "zero edge".

7. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    And you wonder why semi trucks are always honking... :D ;)

8. Raden

Raden

Mar 20, 2002
    KAAK.... please oooo please kill the clowns in your sig line... if you only knew how much I dispise clowns... it makes me want to shoot the monitor just by looking at those pics :D

9. digdeep

digdeep

Mar 19, 2005
    Just my 2 centavos, but a clown looks ... just clownish looking. :eek:
    But sooo much better than Zardoz (Zed.) Never did like diapers even as a newborn. :D

10. JGarrison Knives

JGarrison Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 28, 2005
    I always thought Pennywise has like razor sharp teeth. At least thats how I imagined him.

11. mymindisamob

mymindisamob

Feb 1, 2005
    Did someone say something about teeth and diapers?
    [​IMG]

12. docboy

docboy

Mar 13, 2006
    ahh... excellent. thank you guys for all the information...and, uh, and the disturbing baby pic...

13. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    Got a smog? :D :p

Hmmm... I may be onto something here.:D :eek: :rolleyes: ;)