(Problem Resolved) In need of 2 parts for a Gayle bradley 1 model.

Swp321

Gold Member
In taking her down to clean yesterday, the bottom standoff beside the lanyard tube broke away from the rest of the stand-off with the screw stuck inside the broken piece. The knife is fine and fully functional but I need one stand-off and one body screw. I was really hoping not to have to send this in for something that Is literally a 10 min job. I’ve called and left a message at Spyderco but I wasn’t sure if anyone had any ideas? Thanks as always!!

Last edited:
Problem partially resolved. Spyderco returned my call, they are sending out new body screws but will not send a stand-off, they said depending on what parts they had for the Bradley’s at the golden plant which are few in my understanding since they are made in Taiwan, it would only make sense they have limited parts and was advised even if I send it in they may not be able to repair it, so I’m halfway there now I need to track down a standoff. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't have a GB 2 to measure, but I'd be surprised if there isn't some standoffs for another knife that are the same size. If you have a set of calipers maybe take measurements and ask knife supply places if they have anything to match.

Give the broken standoff, screws, and knife to a machinist. That's a pretty easy part to turn out on a lathe.

I don't have a GB 2 to measure, but I'd be surprised if there isn't some standoffs for another knife that are the same size. If you have a set of calipers maybe take measurements and ask knife supply places if they have anything to match.
That's a great idea. I have calipers and a ton of knives, if OP sends me dimensions I can do some measuring on my end and see if I find anything close

I don’t have a set of dial calipers here with me, when my son decided to take up a position as a technician with Toyota I gifted him the tools I had left from when I was a tech 20 years ago and just haven’t had the need for them until now. My son is 7 hours away. I will pick up a pair of calipers this weekend and see if I can get some measurements for you guys. Thanks as always

Just wanted to update the thread because of all the suggestions. So late last night I had a thought that I kept the old standoff, and I looked today and I had it, just had to modify one side of it and the one body screw that was out is now back in with the original stand-off. So once the body screws arrive from Spyderco all I’ll have to do is put one screw in. Thank everyone for their suggestions and help. That’s why I keep coming back!!

Just to update and put an end to this thread the body screws arrived today from Spyderco. The knife has the pieces it left the factory with again. Thanks for the help as always!!

Last edited:
Back