Problem viewing pics.

Sometimes in a thread I'm not seeing the pics at all,not even a red X .Others will comment hey nice blade,ect. I don't see a thing ?? I'm running windows 98 SE :eek:
Any one have this problem/solution?
Thanks,Joe

Give us a link to a thread and tell us which pix you don't see.

Have you tried hitting refresh? Sometimes pix are so slow to load it times out. You should get at least a red X though....

They are working for me. THey are thumbnails pointing to an image posting site. What shows up for you?

Gus

Go to your User Control Panel, Edit Options, and check the box for "show images." Then go to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes."

If the box is already checked try unchecking it, save changes, then check it and save changes. Sometimes the cookies on your computer get corrupted and your preferences get changed for no apparent reason, but that should create a new cookie.

The first thread has a thumbnail hosted at photobucket.com and the second has thumbnails hosted at theimagehosting.com. They all work fine for me....

Yes, that page is full of thumbnails too.

Do you see pictures on other websites? Anywhere on the web? What browser are you using? Now I'm guessing you have pictures turned off in your web browser. If you're using Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, and scroll down a bit to the Multimedia section and see if "Show pictures" is checked or not. If you're using another browser it'll be similar.

Try updating to the latest version of whatever browser you're using. You might want to try a different browser, too.

I see alot of pics on the web.Its just the ones that i cant see that trouble me:D ( If a pic is on the 'net and no one sees it is it still there?)
This is getting confusing, I'm going to volunteer me moving this thread to microsoft's finest.I'm overdue for a new computer anyway. Thanks for the help gentlemen :)

Back