Problems with my Carnivour...

glockman99

RIP Dann, you were a good guy.
The Carnivour that I received today is having some problems...

1. It takes 2 men, a boy, and a sledge-hammer to get the "un-locking lever/button" to move to unlock the blade so I can close it. Maybe it was ment to be a fixed-blade knife?. My thumb is SORE from trying to get it to loosen-up!!!.
frown.gif

2. The blade isn't centered between the liners very well. A "rub-spot" has developed on the blade.
frown.gif

3. There seems to be an excessive amount of "gritiness" with the opening & closing of the blade.
frown.gif

I have e-mailed Bob Brothers with my Carnivour problems, so I guess I'm waiting for a response from him...

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

wow - lotsa darned lock probs - mine has not had any yet, hope it not 'catching' lol - but i guess get ready to send her back in - they do take care of ya. my lock was tight when i first got it, but not that tight, and loosened up fast - oh well good luck, i am sure they will take good care of ya..

SIFU

Dang, what kinda SOB would sell something like that?? Uhhh...well...uhhh...just send it back my way and I'll refund the return shipping and when the the money order arrives I'll send it right back your way.
Regards and Be Safe,
Clyde

It's off to Bob tomorrow for "repair", a "tune-up" or whatever it'll take to make this excellent folder "right".
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

glockman99, I'm just curious, did he reply to your e-mail or did you call them?

I'm going to get a Carni soon so I'm hoping it's a good one. So far the problems with my Pioneer II and Carni Cub have been minor annoyances.

------------------
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun" Al Capone

cpirtle,

Bob Brothers replied to my e-mail fairly promptly, so now I know that he DOES CARE about us REKAT customers.
smile.gif

Also, of note...rawhide_clyde has "made things right" with me. (I bought the Carnivour from him, and he has now reduced the purchase price, due to the "problems" with this folder). I find Clyde to be a man of honor, and I would not hesitate to do business with him again.
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

[This message has been edited by glockman99 (edited 05-17-2001).]

Hey Rawhide, do you have any more Carni's?

I need one to round out my collection of REKAT's. I don't plan on buying a Sifu or Pocket Hobbit though, just not my style.

------------------
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun" Al Capone

Dann,
Thanks for the class you displayed while we worked it all out!! Best to you!

cpirtle,
Got 2 left but hanging on to them at this time. Best of luck looking for one.

Regards and Be Safe,
Clyde

Hey Dann -- on the day that knife listed, I had the worst migraine I've had in months/years, and was huddled in a dark room, holding my head in both hands, and just wishing I could sleep.

When I discovered that only the 4th regular Carnivore that has been listed since early February had appeared and been snapped up that day, have been kicking myself, and resenting the hell out of you -- just kidding, was glad it went to someone I "knew." So, please don't take offense if I say now, am glad you got it, not me. I'd have been beside myself if I finally found one, and it had serious problems.

As I've posted in the last few days/week, to me the virtual absence of re-sold Carnivores on the forum either has to mean that the vast majority of customers are pleased with theirs, or nobody is buying any. I really wish I could get sales figures on the Carnivore, the Sebenza, and probably the LCC, maybe even the Commander, to compare the numbers sold at retail versus the # listed on the sale forum. But, am sure nobody will divulge all of that.

Anyhooo, good luck with that knife, Dann, and thanks for the info re Bob Brothers. Reassuring at this stage of events.
Dave

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Bugs, I think that people are just very happy
with their Carnivores! I know I am! I have been keeping an eye out for a green handle Carnivore to go with my green handle Cub. I could also swap one of the scales with my red Carnivore to make a Christmas knife!
rolleyes.gif
I think I found a green Sifu, so I'm also on the lookout for a green Carnivore. If anyone is selling one give me a holler. Now to try and wait patiently for my Sifu.
smile.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

Bugs3x,

Actually the problems with my "new" Carnivour really aren't all THAT serious now. It has loosened-up just alittle since I've been "working it", and alot of the "gritiness" is gone now (after about 1/4 bottle of "Break Free CLP", and ALOT of "cycling"), but I'm still sending it to Bob (on Monday) so that he can work his magic with it to make it the way it should be.
smile.gif

The Pocket Hobbit that I received today (from a trade)...Now THAT one is TOTALLY PERFECT!!!

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Back