• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Production Dates?

I was wondering if CRK ever Did Not put production dates on the inside of the handle scales. I'm pretty sure all my newer Sebenzas have them, and I know my older ones do.
The reason I ask is because I just picked up an older Lg. Reg. Sebenza. I'm pretty sure the blade is BG42, its got a little bit wider profile like my other Lg. Reg. BG42. Its got the older style pocket clip and its got the ridges still on the edges of the handle scales as the older ones did. So, I'm 99% sure its an older BG42 but there are no production dates stamped on the inside of the handle scales that I can see. It didnt come with any paperwork or box. I havent stripped it down, but usually they can be seen just from the side. Anyhow, thanks for any help.

jprice

I'm sure, before 1997, there are no production dates stamped on the inside of the handle scales.
My friebd have a Lg. Reg. seb that numbered 197, it haven't. His Lg. LDC9 have a production dates stamped on the inside of the handle scales.

Back