Production Krein's and Koster's possible?

hey is there any chance we'll see production versions of classic krein and koster knives? like for instance, would it possible to mass produce a TK-3 or K-Tusk in a respectable but not outright pricey steel like maybe 13C27??? it's quite cheap but performs awesome at higher RC with a thin edge. right up your alley!

both you guys make awesome designs but my wallet ain't fat enough to get them all :D and if K9 knives are gonna use 3V then i really can't get them all!

any chance of a lower end line of knives for us to get your custom designs, without the high end steel, at a utilitarian price? :D

hey is there any chance we'll see production versions of classic krein and koster knives? like for instance, would it possible to mass produce a TK-3 or K-Tusk in a respectable but not outright pricey steel like maybe 13C27??? it's quite cheap but performs awesome at higher RC with a thin edge. right up your alley!

both you guys make awesome designs but my wallet ain't fat enough to get them all :D and if K9 knives are gonna use 3V then i really can't get them all!

any chance of a lower end line of knives for us to get your custom designs, without the high end steel, at a utilitarian price? :D

First, Thanks! :D

Probably not going to see our individual knives under the K9 Knives banner though. Not to worry we are coming up with some really good designs to cover all of the bases!

Tom

Tom's being modest....!

He has already done some mid-tech stuff and his Dogfish is currently carried by CRKT. :thumbup:

For me, so far...the bushcraft is my first stab at a mid-tech run. :thumbup:

Dan

ok i can see not using the K9 name, but how about using the same facilities to make individual production versions of your knives? that's what i really meant.

i like tom's dogfish a lot but to be honest CRKT doesn't have the greatest steel choices out there. i'd love to see something along those lines with "good" steel. i don't mind paying more for better steel, but imo sometimes a "super steel" like S30V is unnecessary. a spot on heat treat for a modest steel like the sandvik stuff would be great imo. and now that you guys are going into production... well, put one and one together... you get it???

and dan, wouldn't your bushcraft mid-tech project have been much easier if 90% of it were done for you already? why not use the facilities at your disposal? that is if you can...:confused:

ok i can see not using the K9 name, but how about using the same facilities to make individual production versions of your knives? that's what i really meant.

i like tom's dogfish a lot but to be honest CRKT doesn't have the greatest steel choices out there. i'd love to see something along those lines with "good" steel. i don't mind paying more for better steel, but imo sometimes a "super steel" like S30V is unnecessary. a spot on heat treat for a modest steel like the sandvik stuff would be great imo. and now that you guys are going into production... well, put one and one together... you get it???

and dan, wouldn't your bushcraft mid-tech project have been much easier if 90% of it were done for you already? why not use the facilities at your disposal? that is if you can...:confused:

I do actually make a mid-tech version of the Dogfish! CRKT makes them, but thats not what I am talking about. The last run I did was CPM S30V, the next run is CPM 154....

I am not opposed to making one of my knives mid-tech in the future, but am not ready yet.... got way too much on my plate right now with K9 and Krein Knives.

Maybe in the future...

Tom

Back