Professional Courtesy

james terrio

Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket
You all know that I got myself in a bit of hot water recently, by using an image that I didn't create, on my website. Here is the other side of that.

I have been contacted by a fellow knifemaker, who quoted me on his website, and felt it was important to let me know. This gentleman took the time to ask my permission to use my words.

I am deeply flattered that one of my competitors quoted me, and also very pleased that he credited my statement in private.

THAT, my friends, is professional courtesy. :thumbup:

Last edited:
That's cool, Mr T.

I like to think of other knifemakers as "collegues" rather than "competitors". Unless you are refering to a production company?.... they are the devil. Ha!

Professional courtesy or courtesy in general is not a lost art as some believe; its only a matter of taking the time to exercise one of the basic tenets of human interaction.
Fred

Very cool, James:thumbup: I'm with Fred and Rick.....courtesy is not dead even though it seems so at times, and I also consider other makers colleagues, not competitors. I've been treated way too well by other makers to ever consider them competitors........unless they're just trying to keep their enemy close:D

Back