Progress Thread - The Redmeadow Bowies

Looking good, John!
Is the dimple on the bottom of the bronze guard a trade secret?:D

Looking good, John!
Is the dimple on the bottom of the bronze guard a trade secret?:D
That's patented and known as a deliberate dimpular demarcation delineation dot, aka a "5D". Oh wait.... nope, it's just a place I whacked it so I could eyeball the center when I shaped it:D:thumbsup:. I superglue them together and shaped them both at once, that's why it's only on one. These blades will be close sisters when finished, in shape anyways.

Dimpled cowbells! Wait, that just sounds wrong. Never mind...

That's patented and known as a deliberate dimpular demarcation delineation dot, aka a "5D". Oh wait.... nope, it's just a place I whacked it so I could eyeball the center when I shaped it:D:thumbsup:. I superglue them together and shaped them both at once, that's why it's only on one. These blades will be close sisters when finished, in shape anyways.
And who doesn't love shapely sisters?

And who doesn't love shapely sisters?
Sexy-Double-Gum-Costume-EX34-7-350x630.jpg

Seriously technical question; if you screw-up and accidentally slip in a lisp when building an eth guard, do you still get the thaply thister? Enquiring minds need to know..

That'th thomething to conthider, but lithp or no, go big or go home!
IMG_20170808_235743-630x630.jpg
This is the Nickel silver (5/16"), looks like brass in the pic, not sure why.

Thanks Scott, not sure what the hell I'm doing but it seems to be working out so far:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I've never been a big fan of large blades, but man I love working with these.

Back