Project I or Project II

I want to buy one of the Project knives but cannot decide on the clip point or spear point. Does it simply come down to tip strength or aesthetics (what looks better, IMO)? Could someone tell me about the pros and cons of each point style so I can make a more informed decision.

For this type of knife I would definitively go with the spear point, because of the point durability. Clip points are great but they work better on smaller knives, IMHO.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

I think I like the looks of the clip point better, but I ordered the spear point for the strength.

Steve

Ihave the Project II because I like the bowie style blade better than the spearpoint (if i get myself a spearpoint in future it will be one of the shorter knives 5.5inch). Fred Perrin (www.geocities.com/hollywood/set/2292/entree.htm)did a nice review on the Project II and Chris Reeve - e-mail Fred or Nemo for more in depth info. These knives are very strong but if you foresee that you might do some seriously heavy digging and prying go for the Project I. I would rather use something else for digging and prying than any of my CR fixed blades.

Clip if you're obsessive about penetration, drop point if you're obsessive about strength.

Both work just fine. Personaly, I like the looks of the Project 1 better. They're good knives, they deserve to be used.

I have decided to go with the Project II because IMHO it looks better. For my uses I do not foresee the lesser point strength to be a problem as I won't be digging, just cutting. Thanks for the advice.

Back