Project Ideas + Maker Sought for Ranger / Cowboy Bowie Project

Hi, I'm interested in a Ranger / Cowboy 7" bowie style knife and am seeking both inspiration in terms of pictures / suggestions for the final project as well as any maker recommendations.

My pipe dream is to have Dan Winkler make one for me as one of his 7" Cowboy Bowies is what first got me interested in this project. Unfortunately, his order books are closed. I thought Joe Watson might be a good choice for a more modernized version, but he also is booked out.

Levi Graham seems to have a style similar to Winklers. Anyone know anything about him?

I wasn't sure if I could link to third party websites, but the closest examples I have found to what I am looking for are the Ranger Bowie by Idaho Knife Works, Barry Dawson's War Dog (essentially an updated Kabar) or the aforementioned Winkler Cowboy Bowie.

Anyone have any pictures / suggestions they want to share?

Thanks for the help!

Have a look at Alessio Salsi. He is from Belgium and can do a fantastic Winkler style knife. You can find him on Facebook.
Tell him I sent you.

I sincerely doubt that you would be disappointed with Levi Graham. He's a top notch maker.

Paul

Lots of folks make the cowboy size bowie knives. Did you have something this size/width in mind? This one was like 7.5 inches long. Kind of Randall 14 size.
img1477s.jpg

Back