Pictures here! Project- Just for the duck of it...

Looking forward to this! I’m wondering if its going to be a match to the “Bad Mama Jama.”

Looking forward to this! I’m wondering if its going to be a match to the “Bad Mama Jama.”

Going for the classic Walta$$$ki basket weave for this one, same as Chip’s. Covers are going on a Pioneer X. The SAK is obviously one of the most iconic knives/tools around, so I want to keep it classy especially since this may be presented in mixed company.

WValtakis WValtakis -Is a guard on a hidden tang hunter enough real estate to do basket weave engraving? If it was around 3/8" thick? And can you carve it in bronze?

WValtakis WValtakis -Is a guard on a hidden tang hunter enough real estate to do basket weave engraving? If it was around 3/8" thick? And can you carve it in bronze?
That's doable, that dangler clip in the picture on my SAK is only about a 1/4" wide.

That's doable, that dangler clip in the picture on my SAK is only about a 1/4" wide.
Yeah that looks good.

It won't be real soon because I've got a bunch of folders to do, but I'd like to commission you for that basket weave engraving on a guard.

I've got a billet of basket weave Damascus going to make a blade and I'll carve a handle similar to this one I did:

0607181615b~3.jpg

I think some of your engraving on a guard would be a perfect bridge between a basket weave blade and handle.

Is that something you'd be interested in when the time comes?

Back