Promotional/Advertising Knives

KnifeHead

My life, my lover, my lady is the C...Carbon Steel
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A while back there was a thread with Purina knives. That made me think about a knife that I recently received from my mom that once belonged to her grandad. It is a 2.75" yellow promotional knife(I guess that is what you would call it) made by Camillus stamped CAMCO, USA on the mark side. It is stamped 703 on the master blade pile side. It doesn't look like it has been used or sharpened. Must have just just rattled around in great granddad's nightstand drawer.

This would be a good thread to post your promotional knives. (you know you want to :) )

CAMCO-YellowHYDRO-TEST.jpg

CAMCO-YellowHYDRO-TEST2.jpg
5"

Here are some that I put up in another thread a while back. I have picked up some nicer ones recently so I will try to get some pics up later. Top two are Shapleigh, then a Voos, Camillus, Imperial trick knife, and Ambassador.
advertizing.jpg

Your mention of the purina knives made me think of this top one. The tang is marked Spratt's Made in England. Spratt's is a pet food company, and this dog grooming knife came with a 50 pound bag of dog food. The knife was made by Wostenholm, as it says oil the joints on the reverse side. Next one is a Schrade wire jack etched Citizens Mutual Automotive Insurance Co. Then a L.F.&C. from Bluefield HDW. etched universal on the blade.
spratts.jpg

auto.jpg

blues.jpg

Great knives Rivit. I like the dog grooming tool...most unusual and nice bone scales. Thanks

I have several Add Knives but only pictures of this one from Imperial with imitation Pearl and carbon steel..

000_1147.jpg

000_1148.jpg

I love that box with the little imperial crowns all over it. Here is the last one I can find right now, so hopefully some other peoples pics will start rolling in.
shoe2.jpg

Heres one of the aforementioned Purina knives, a small Kutmaster stockman pattern made by Utica.

purina1.jpg

This one was ordered by my father, possibly in the late 40's or 50's, for advertising the family wholesale grocery business!
Our business was in Buffalo, NY, and the knife was made by Camillus, under their "Syracuse Knife Co." brand.
CampagnaSons.jpg

My grandfather had one of those Purina knives, red checked handles in a blue checked box. He'd tell us that the knife cost so many hundreds (thousands?) of dollars, because you had to buy so much feed to get the free knife.

I don't know which grandkid ended up with that knife, but I know it'll always be a memory trigger.

-Bob

Here are three knives I keep in the Velveeta Box 'O Junk. I never dreamed anyone would want to see them:

adknives.jpg

From top to bottom:
Colonial Prov USA baseball bat knife advertising "Village Inn". This may be the Village Inn tavern in Sheridan, Illinois since the knife was from Sheridan.

Second knife is advertising Myers & Daw Masonry in Aurora, Illinois. How old is a phone number system with 2-9164? Don't know who made the knife, but it locks open and closed, and is labeled "USA".

The third knife is advertising Burnett's Bank in Eldorado, Illinois. The knife is labeled BASSETT / MADE IN USA / PAT 277909. This was part of a junk box bought many years ago at a farm auction in Southern Illinois. Burnett's Bank is still in business. The patent number is either incorrect or incomplete though.

-Bob

p1000868vk5.jpg

Victorinox Pocket Pal, Die Allemeiene inlayed into the handle in the aluminum material usually used for the vic cross logo. No Vic logo on the scales. This knife was probably a promo for a German, Swiss or Austrian Company. Searching the firm's name on Google, I found a firm by that name that processes gold and silver in Germany, but their logo was diffirenet.

I also have a Leatherman PST factory engraved promo from Lab Gruppen Amps, commissioned in 2002. That knife also left the factory with a unique stamping error- only one of the handles was date stamped. Both should have been.

I also have 2 utility knives (the little folding type that sell 50 for a dollar from TSA on ebay) by Stanley Works. Made locally, and in New Condition. I picked them up at the Church tag sale for a quarter each. The knives are housed in a special imprinted leather keychain celebrating the 1983 America's Cup. I'll have to dig those out:cool:

Back