Protection knife against wild animals.

A bear can run as fast as a horse...unless you can jump off the computer, go outside and pin a mule buck with little effort, I would rethink the "agile guy with knife" strategy.

If the animal is near your house and you live outside the city, I would recommend a Maverick 88 in 12 gague. Use slugs and nothing else. I camp regularly in bear country and bring mine every time. I also have bear spray for the areas I can't bring my shot gun.

A bear can run as fast as a horse...unless you can jump off the computer, go outside and pin a mule buck with little effort, I would rethink the "agile guy with knife" strategy.

If the animal is near your house and you live outside the city, I would recommend a Maverick 88 in 12 gague. Use slugs and nothing else. I camp regularly in bear country and bring mine every time. I also have bear spray for the areas I can't bring my shot gun.

What's you defensive bear kill count?

I believe the answer has been given on the previous page. A closeup of the magazine cover reveals:

11bqagn.png

...and that knife friends is none other than a...

4g51ck.jpg

That's right friends, the answer has been in your knife drawer since 1902.

Never had to shoot one defensively, but I have hunted black bear twice. Black bear are the smallest bear species, but you don't realise how big these animals are, until you are right there next to one.

If only they made a gun that launched Marbles fixed blade knives...a true WMD.

...and that knife friends is none other than a...

4g51ck.jpg

That's right friends, the answer has been in your knife drawer since 1902.

Of course it's a Marble's! Man, I would love to have a nice old Ideal...

Never had to shoot one defensively, but I have hunted black bear twice. Black bear are the smallest bear species, but you don't realise how big these animals are, until you are right there next to one.

I hunted them with a longbow last fall, all spot and stalk, from from the ground, in an area where they are known to get quite big. Never took one, but was well withing longbow range several times on big blackies. That was definitely some of the most thrilling hunting I've done!

Of course it's a Marble's! Man, I would love to have a nice old Ideal...

I hunted them with a longbow last fall, all spot and stalk, from from the ground, in an area where they are known to get quite big. Never took one, but was well withing longbow range several times on big blackies. That was definitely some of the most thrilling hunting I've done!

I know a maker here who has begun making them, like Lee Majors, better, stronger... a revival of the classic pattern that you will be proud to own and wield against a variety of wildlife and savages. See what you think:

attachment.php

This is a prototype, first of it's kind from a rising star, IMHO. Well suited for personal protection from things that go bump in the night but with class and style. David Stifle.... This is my personal knife and is named "Elvis" Ladies and gents, Elvis has reentered the building!

Get a machete or something but I still wouldn't go up against a bear with one. If you're not married to bladed weapons then just a baseball bat or collapsible baton if you're afraid of some sort of canine attacking you. And of course bear spray but that's been stated early on.

Nearly page 20 actually, depending on you settings. As long as members remain civil, it could go on to 100.

Nearly page 20 actually, depending on you settings. As long as members remain civil, it could go on to 100.

I sure hope so. Beyond saving more lives than the small pox vaccine program this thread introduced my 7-year old nephew to "guy on a buffalo". Someone earlier posted a short video cut from the movie. We looked it up on Youtube and he was amazed. True story.

[video=youtube;-yUsXE5octw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUsXE5octw[/video]

Get wife a .45.
Bear bells.
Bear spray.
Insert anecdote about a guy who killed a 12 foot tall King Grizzly with a broken Mora.
Insert recklessly BS suggestion to play dead while the bear eats you alive.
Somebody retell the origin of the Ka-Bar name.

Pick one and do a few paragraphs. Repeat at intervals. We'll be at 500 pages and 10,000 views in no time.

It took me all of 5 mins research to discover killing a bear with a knife is not only possible its been a human rite of passage in many cultures in Europe though history and survival of said rite the norm, with some Eastern Russian tribes still practicing it.
It basicly boiled down to boy sent out alone with knife.. boy had to bring back bear pelt etc.

Lets do this from the bear perspective.

Bear 1 Hey fellow bears, im looking to kill and eat a human, I know not to go after them if they have those long stick things that go boom.. but what about those silvery shiney retractable claw thing.. its not very long my claws are longer... and I have 10 of them.

Bear 2 hey yeah sure.. go right ahead you can run them down as they are slow as anything then just eat them they have very weak bones and are easy to kill...

bear 3 Easy to kill? I had a buddy who tried that, the human despite having a crushed wrist broken leg and bleeding everywhere wouldnt stop stabbing with that little claw.. it may not look like like much but he died before the human did.. i got to eat them both but so :).

bear 4 LOLZ funny shhiitzzz thinking you can kill and eat a humanzzzz morons ask this every month and its always a grizzly you know how they are.

Bear 5 Whoo page 18 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bear 6 Cant kill humans? I got a buddy that goes out city every week and bags 10 of them during hunting season without fail till they got protected and such. True story bro....

Bear 7 I just want to say RAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited:
Back