PSA - Email Notices Stopped Working for ALL Microsoft Hosts

I just noticed the same thing with my live account. If this continues with them, seems like I will need to start a new account elsewhere soon. I can't risk my knife related emails getting shutdown.

Hopefully a fix can be found, as this is really annoying as saving PM's in my emails is the only way I currently get around the PM limits for my membership level.

Edit: I've added spark's email address that I get in the BF notifications to my allowed safe senders and domain list and safe mailing list. Can someone PM me to see if that made a difference?

Edit 2: no luck adding bladeforums.com to acceptable domains or spark's email to the acceptable email list.

I already tried that as well, to no avail. I've received about a dozen PM's since this started, and no notification of any. :mad:

The only thing I can say is BUG MICROSOFT!!! They claim no knowledge of doing this in the 2 chat sessions I've had, but it is clear that they are! :poop: Time for me to move forward with the gmail thing and forwarding the messages. o_O

ETA - The really annoying thing is I'm still getting plenty of other gun and knife related emails (that are blatantly gun/knife), plus stuff from NRA and Kniferights, so not sure why BF's are getting blocked. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Just got an email notification for a PM in my live email so maybe things were corrected.

Just got an email notification for a PM in my live email so maybe things were corrected.

Well interesting. No notice of a PM earlier today, but I DID get of notice of your reply to this thread! :thumbsup: Good, hopefully this is fixed? @Spark did you contact Microsoft about this?

I got lazy last night and didn't bother with setting up a gmail account, so hopefully that is OBE now. ;)

I don't know what to think at this point. Everything seemed to be working fine yesterday, got all notices best as I could tell.

Today, not so much. Have not even received PM notifications. o_O IDK.

Last edited:
Didn't even catch that. Didn't get any of today's PM's to my email today either. Silly Microsoft emails.

Ummm... hate ta tell ya dudes, but It's MICROSOFT.
Inconsistency in performance and lack of help is to be expected.
To paraphrase Lily Tomlin's Ernestine character. "We're Microsoft. We don't care because we don't have to."

Ummm... hate ta tell ya dudes, but It's MICROSOFT.
Inconsistency in performance and lack of help is to be expected.
To paraphrase Lily Tomlin's Ernestine character. "We're Microsoft. We don't care because we don't have to."

Clearly it's Microsuck I mean Microsoft.

Notices started working again yesterday, we'll see how long it lasts...

Looked at emails that were bouncing, searched for the above usernames, and surprise! Hotmail, live, outlook all have us on a block list right now

@Spark I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd offer you this info for next time MS claims they don't block IP's. Go here, fill out the form. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mi...e-365-blocked-senders-lis?view=o365-worldwide

After you go through this, you'll see another link that allegedly whitelists your IP on all MS products.

Back