Purchased Sebenza 31 Damascus Large off ebay, Authentic?

I purchased a Large Sebenza 31 with Damascus and wanted to make sure it was authentic as it’s my first CR knife.

The knife came with the box and born on card, but what has me questioning it is during disassembly and cleaning of the knife, I noticed a few minor things that where different from the videos I watched.

-The letters do not match on both handles, but the numbers do

-Where the ceramic ball locks into the blade, there appears to be a lack hardened plastic inserted into the hole as where on the videos I see it empty

Hopefully it’s just me over thinking it, but would love any insight if anyone spots something off

perfectly normal and it is authentic. it is fluorinated grease filling the hole, not plastic. it should easily wipe out.

A B C D corresponds to the quarter of that year. Very common not having matching numbers on both sides.
I'll just add to that-the scales are made in batches and used as needed. and those batches are date coded with a letter for the quarter and a number for the year. The Op's just has one scale from one batch and another from a different batch. They do not use up the scales for both sides at the same rate.
They usually don't bother to date code scales on fakes

I purchased a Large Sebenza 31 with Damascus and wanted to make sure it was authentic as it’s my first CR knife.

The knife came with the box and born on card, but what has me questioning it is during disassembly and cleaning of the knife, I noticed a few minor things that where different from the videos I watched.

-The letters do not match on both handles, but the numbers do

-Where the ceramic ball locks into the blade, there appears to be a lack hardened plastic inserted into the hole as where on the videos I see it empty

Hopefully it’s just me over thinking it, but would love any insight if anyone spots something off

Very nice knife!

I’ve had date codes with different years. No need to worry

Yes it's authentic. And yes, CRK grease can get hard. My brand new 2017 21 I picked up this year from a major knife distributor had super hardened grease. I ended up scraping most of it off and removing the rest with alcohol.

Yes it's authentic. And yes, CRK grease can get hard. My brand new 2017 21 I picked up this year from a major knife distributor had super hardened grease. I ended up scraping most of it off and removing the rest with alcohol.
Thought it was odd to receive brand new Inkosi purchased in July 2021 with DOB Oct 2016. Came from an authorized dealer for CRK. I guess it's not uncommon.

Last edited:
Back