1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by T.Knotts, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Dopic1

Dopic1 Titanic Boat Insurance Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
  2. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    You’re welcome and I am glad you like it.

Rupestris, mitch4ging and Dopic1 like this.
  3. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    :eek::thumbsup:
    What a beauty!!
    Congratulations Scooter, fantastic knife!

Scott,
    Incredible work!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. protourist

protourist Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Stunning. Absolutely freaking stunning.

Scott Hanson and Dopic1 like this.
  5. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Ooh dat's nice!!

Blade length? Looks like a perfect little knife right there.

Nice score Scott W, and nicely done Scott H!

Rupestris likes this.
  6. protourist

protourist Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    By the way, Scott. Welcome to the addiction.

Scott Hanson and Rupestris like this.
  7. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Oh, I've been addicted for quite a while.

protourist likes this.
  8. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Hi John, it has a 3" blade and a 4" handle, the blade is AEB-L is 5/32" with a satin scotch-brite finish it was heat treated to 60-HRc with cry and the handle is elk I carry brow tine.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that's almost identical to the one I use for deer hunting.

mitch4ging and Dopic1 like this.
  9. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    He forgot to mention it's damn sharp! :eek::p And cuts like a dream!

10. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    That AEB-L steel is different from the other stainless steels I have used I hone these knives by hand on Arkansas stones then strop them on razor strops just like razor blade. They work just like carbon steel, people claim they it is the stainless for guys who don't like stainless knife blades.

Melvin-Purvis, mitch4ging and Dopic1 like this.
  11. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Scott do you do the Heat Treat or send it out?

mitch4ging likes this.
  12. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    I send them out. Actually I take them to Bodycote in town where live they're one of the largest commercial heat treaters in the world and probably the most reasonable. I can have 10 blades heat treated to my specs with cryo for about $59.00 and turn around time is 2-4 days. Bodycote does blades for quite a few area makers like Dave Ricke or at least were doing his blades. I know some of the heat treaters want like $25.00 per blade unless you bring them real quantities. I only have 4-5 blade done at a time now days because i feel keeping my batches a little smaller keeps the quality up.

13. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Hey Scooter, I just looked them up, there's one here in south OKC, and one close to you, in York PA.
    :thumbsup:

protourist and dc50 like this.
  14. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks Dennis, may have to look the one in York up that's only and hour away for me.

mitch4ging likes this.
  15. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Spent five days outside of Sister Oregon camping with some friends. My grandson and daughter had a blast lots of creek walking finding frog and lizards.
    9B7CB6C0-CB8E-4961-8A86-5ED3F7A41DB8.jpeg
    That is not her beer in that picture my wife was wondering what we do at camp when she saw this picture 73D427DC-CD99-4178-8FAE-E18AC0B0A069.jpeg
    One of the many little thing we found. 479E1ECC-85FA-46A9-AEBD-2F07E747EC02.jpeg

16. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Good times right there Greg!

17. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    lessismore likes this.
  18. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    I'm gonna guess that bill had 5 digits!
    She seems like a good egg, and genuinely kind, not just because she's sitting with a client with serious money. She teaches classes all over the place too.

19. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    For the Magnificent 7+ that don’t visit the Greyline thread, I hit the knife sharpening Facebook Marketplace jackpot today.

It started with an ad for two Lansky kits and a Work Sharp Ken Onion edition for $15 each.

By the time we finished IM-ing, I bought everything she had. Two Lansky kits, two different Work Sharp electric sharpeners and an Edge Pro Apex with four stones.

[​IMG]

All of it very lightly used or not used at all. The whole package for less than the cost of a new Edge Pro Apex 1 kit.

I’m going to be knocking on my neighbors doors looking for more stuff to sharpen:p.

20. Ron L

Ron L Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Chris, I see a new career in your future.

7E577F2D-3A2B-495B-9DA7-2FDD46C5BACF.jpeg