Putting the Mean Street to work!

This weekend I went on a camping trip, and left the Battle Mistress at home. I wanted to see what the little MS could really do, so it's the only knife I brought. I have the old A2 model, and have used it alot. But this time, I came close to abusing it. I used it to open cans, including a couple heavy duty tin cans. The edge dulled, and the finish was scuffed up, but no edge damage. I pounded on the spine to chop through small logs, which worked better than I thought it would. I also did the small whittling and food cutting that I usually do with it, and except for the can opening, it stayed super sharp. I appreciate this knife even more than I did before!

Same here. I just got back from a trip a couple of days ago and took my Mean Street, and Battle Mistress. I pounded the mean street through the top of a two and a half pound can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew. the coating took a little scratching but the edge and point are fine. I also shaved a few sticks for starting fires. I plan on beating my knives more often on the weekends.
smile.gif
Later, Jeff

Back