Quality custom fixed blade for friend that hunts?

Hello Friends:

I was talking to my good friend in Louisiana who was telling me about the 3 deer that he killed during the past season. I asked him if he saved any of the antlers. He did and I suggested that he get a custom skinning / hunting fixed blade made with his antlers.

He loved the idea and wants to have one made. Because he is not a collector I did not want to scare him with high prices. I told him he may be able to get one made in the $200 to 300 price range.

Do you guys have any names of custom knife makers who could make a quality knife in this price range? Because he’s one of my very best friends I want it to be something he is really proud of.

Thanks,

Big Dave

Excellent:

If you or anyone else can, please e-mail me on how to get a brochure or something to my friend.

Also, because the antlers are fresh, how can they be stabilized so that they do not shrink or change shape on the knife.

Thanks,

Dave

David@oilcenter.com

My friend is a true Cajun.

He lives out in the boondocks on a rice / crawfish farm that his wife's parents have. They duck hunt in their back yard!

There are so many different designs for fixed blade hunting knives. What would be a good all purpose design that he could skin with but also take duck hunting?

Dave

Back