Quark or Fenix....

I have the Quark 2AA and its a sweet light. I love the moonlight mode it has...great option.

I prefer the Quark for several reasons: first, I like the clip better, second, no reason why I shouldn't have the very latest LED (XP-G R5), third, I like the reprogrammability of the Tactical model. In fact I have that very model in my pocket right now, except in the 123^2 version. It is one of my favorites, and I have been collecting lights even longer than knives.

As far as build/reliability quality, I'd say they are pretty much equivalent. I'd give the nod to the Quark though. Moonlight mode is very practical and square threads at the cap and head can't be a bad thing.

I'd say the Quark gets the edge for quality because of the square-cut threads. Plus the R5 is better than the R4.

I have the Quark 2AA and its a sweet light. I love the moonlight mode it has...great option.

thats what sold me over the fenix

quark is made by fenix so either way you are getting a fenix (from what i have been told and cant remember who told me)

Last edited:
thats what sold me over the fenix

quark is made by fenix so either way you are getting a fenix (from what i have been told and cant remember who told me)

Fenix does not make 4Sevens products.

As others have mentioned, do you want that moonlight mode? I find .2 lumens useful, but many of my customers hate it. I personally think the LD20 looks better, but the AA2 is more useful to my needs. They both come with decent holsters, but only the AA2 has the handgrip strap thing.

I have 2 Fenix LD20s

Great little flashlight with 190 lumens

It has a built in SOS feature too.

I havent used a quark but fenix LD20 sounds way cooler! lol

Fenix does not make 4Sevens products.

As others have mentioned, do you want that moonlight mode? I find .2 lumens useful, but many of my customers hate it. I personally think the LD20 looks better, but the AA2 is more useful to my needs. They both come with decent holsters, but only the AA2 has the handgrip strap thing.

good to know..

i love the moonlight mode. i hunt and it helps me stay on the trail when the real moonlight isnt bright enough.. also we catfish a lot in the spring - fall. instead of lighting up the whole area just to tie something or change baits, the moonlight comes in.. i bet i use moonlight and the ultra bright mode the most

I have 2 Fenix LD20s

Great little flashlight with 190 lumens

It has a built in SOS feature too.

I havent used a quark but fenix LD20 sounds way cooler! lol

i think my CR123 quark is 230 lumens :thumbup: spotlights many animals with that thing here lately :D

I would recommend getting the limited run neutral tint Quark. The R5, while slightly brighter, tends to be slightly green on the lower modes. The neutral models have great tint.

I EDC the Quark AA^2 with an 18650 body for goofy long runtime. Love it.

Consider that one flavor has the forward clicky with momentary on, and the other does not. If this matters to you. I like momentary on, so I bought a momentary-on tail (I think its "non tactical") to stick on my light.

The tactical model is the one with the momentary activation and the programmability. I prefer this by far.

I EDC the Quark AA^2 with an 18650 body for goofy long runtime. Love it.

Consider that one flavor has the forward clicky with momentary on, and the other does not. If this matters to you. I like momentary on, so I bought a momentary-on tail (I think its "non tactical") to stick on my light.

powernoodle hath spoken!

order for an AA^2 going in.

Back