1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Question about a gift.

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by Zelds, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Zelds

Zelds

Jul 11, 2018
    I recently decided to buy a knife that matches mine for a long time friend of mine. I live in indiana and he lives out of state.when looking at knife laws i got really confused since this is the first time I've ever looked them up and since i dont want to give him a gift that could get him in trouble. So i have one question for the people here.
    Would this knife be considered legal in washington?
    • Spring Assisted Knife
    • 3.25" 3.5MM THICK BLADE, STAINLESS STEEL
    • STAINLESS STEEL STONEWASHED BLADE
    • 4.6" CLOSED
    • ENGRAVED STONEWASHED HANDLE WITH BLUE ACRYLIC
    • INCLUDES POCKET CLIP

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2018
  2. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Spring assisted is a no-go in WA.

3. Critter

Critter Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 23, 2003
    That is not correct. Knife Rights' efforts in 2012 revised the law to allow for assisted-opening knives.

W. Anderson likes this.
  4. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Woah, that's awesome. I stand corrected.

5. Zelds

Zelds

Jul 11, 2018