1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Question About a Possible Fake C81GP2 Para 2

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by GatorFlash1, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    Ok awesome thanks for clarifying that your fake doesn't have the notches

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    As far as I know, those notches are the only characteristic of the knife that the cloners don't try and replicate. Notches real, no notches fake.

JJ_Colt45 and Spydergirl88 like this.
  3. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    It looks like the jimping in the steel is too low and not level with the G10. The shape of notch on the lock doesn't look right either. Also the Sal logo is definitely off... I'm no Spyderco expert, but that's what I noticed right away.

4. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    Thanks for all the help and great advice. I'll check it but this one thing I think I already checked and it has a sharp cut out. I'll soon post a picture of this as well as the notch in the top of the steel liners.

5. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    I'm not going to comment on anything but those screws!
    They look like the Star of David! Could you even put a torx wrench in them! Wow those are funky.

6. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    Yes I see the sharp cutout and goofy screws that you mention. Thanks.

sixplymaple likes this.
  7. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    That spydie hole is terribly done...

8. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Photos aren't working anymore but didn't he say that he bought this knife 5 years ago? The fakes have been getting better, back in that era they were pretty bad all around.

9. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I don't know if they are getting better or not. Still easy to spot a fake though.