Question About A Thread I Started on the Traditional Forum

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
First, I love this place and certainly don’t want to cause any static; I would just appreciate some clarity. I always want to abide by your rules.

Earlier today, I post on the Traditional Forum about a new knife I just received. I thought that it was new to market and thought others might want to see. My post contained no links; just listed what the knife was in the subject, It contained a pic, and a few quick thoughts.

A few minutes later my thread was gone and I saw this notification...
2XoJBtu.jpg

I didn’t post about a dealer, I know that isn’t acceptable. I post about a manufacturer. I hope my thread is still around in some form so that other Admin/Mods can see that I am being honest and wasn’t shilling a product. I ask in all seriousness, are we only allowed to post on BF about knives whose manufacturers are affiliated with BF? I ask because I want to respect and follow your rules.

So did I do something wrong or was a mod a little overzealous? Please get back to me. If I did something wrong, I will not repeat it.

Thank you for you response. :)

For the record, the knife was a dud and after a few openings started having problems. Back to the online site I bought it from (the unmentioned dealer) for a replacement. :(

This has been bugging me all day because I could have sworn that the Porch had a prohibition on mentioning SFOs for non-BF supporting dealers/vendors (not just for linking to those dealers), and I think I found a couple references that might help:

Same rules apply in this thread as everyplace else.

If you want to point out an SFO on the GEC web site you may do so. But if it's not for a BF dealer member, leave the vendor's name out of it.

And possibly also:

Fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.
And it does not matter if they are the only source. They are not a BF dealer.

What’s a SFO? :)

Also, I would reiterate that I never mentioned a dealer, I mentioned a knife brand. Not that I mentioned where I got the knife from, but I didn’t even buy the knife directly from the manufacturer, I bought it from a dealer that DOES support BF.

For an analogy, I’ve seen reviews and talk about Kershaw/ZT and Hinderer Knives on BF and I don’t believe either have a dedicated board or are paid dealer members. Should there not be talk about their products? My post was akin to that.

Honestly, I just want to make sure I follow the rules. If I screwed up, my bad and it won’t happen again. If a mod was overzealous, they’re human too. :thumbsup:

What’s a SFO? :)

"Special factory order," e.g. the TC Barlows are an SFO for Waynorth Cutlery.

I'm confident you'll get a mod answer; anything else I say will just muddy the waters, since it took me like eight hours to remember a rule that's apparently only adjacent to your question. ;):D

This has been resolved. The thread should be back later today.

Much respect to the BF mod staff. I can’t imagine that being a mod on this board is easy. The mods here actually care and listen. Thank you! :)

Back