1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Question about mentioning dealers in posts.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by mbkr, Nov 20, 2019.

1. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    In the GEC #29 thread several posts (none mine) were deleted because the dealer C. Reisner Traditional Pocket Knives was mentioned and they are not a dealer member here. Understand that - no problem with it. In the GEC #86 thread, however, there are several posts mentioning Gunstock Jack's. I just checked and they are not a dealer member here either. I've seen this with TKC also and they are not a member. What gives?
    As a relatively new poster I've been very careful not to violate this rule, but it certainly does not seem to be applied evenly so I'd like some clarification. Thanks.

2. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    There's a lot of posts on the forums here, too many for the mods to read them all. If we see something, we'll act on it. But obviously, if we don't see it...

A lot of moderator actions are in response to reported posts. If you see a post which you think is in violation of the rules, you can report it. A mod will look at it. Might not be immediately. Most of us have jobs and do this in our spare time, so there is not always a mod on line.

To report a post, click on the triangle with the exclamation point in it on the bottom left of the post in question.

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  3. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    That makes entirely too much sense. I thought maybe there was a dealer list other than the one on the Exchange that I had missed.
    I understand about mods. Way back in the early days of the internet I was a moderator on a high end audio site. Not always a rewarding job.
    I generally won't narc someone out unless its really egregious. Thanks for the response.

JJ_Colt45 and knarfeng like this.
  4. dannyp

dannyp Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Something else to consider is the date of the posts. If they are older posts in a big thread, the dealer may have had a membership that has since lapsed.

5. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    That is true. Gunstock Jack did have a dealer membership for several years.