Question about Mountaineer II

I presently own a large Sebenza which came very sharp out of the box and is easily resharpened with the Spyderco tri-angle system.
I will soon receive a Mountaineer II, and I would like to know if the same sharpening system will be as effective with it as it is with the sebenza. Does someone know if the bevel angle is the same ? Another question I have is: does it come as sharp as the sebenza ?
The sebenza is an outstanding knife, the best folding knife I ever had and perhaps the best I will ever have. I hope very much that the Mountaineer II has the same quality
level.
I wish you all a good day.
François

------------------

I'm fortunate to own a large Sebenza, a small Sebenza, and a Mountaineer II. All arrived scary sharp . . . and I dunno' how to really compare the Mountaineer II sharpness to the two Sebenzas, but it's safe to say that for a blade that large, it is ADEQUATELY sharp. You have to be careful with it . . .
smile.gif
cool.gif

And the Sharpmaker works fine on all three.

------------------
Snowmen arrive unassembled . . .

ralph

[This message has been edited by ralphtt (edited 02-03-2000).]

I just got a Project II (I know it's not a Mountaineer II, but it's a one piece and comparable in what you're asking) that is scary sharp out of the box. I think it is a whole lot sharper in my opinion than the tanto Sebenza I also have. I'm sure the Mountaineer will be scary sharp out of the box as well, if not, then use the sharpmaker to make it scary sharp!

KEEPIN IT SHARP,

I notice all these CRK are sharp outta the box I think I am going to have to get one of those..

Francois,

I have the small, Sebenza and the Mountaineer 1. The fixed-blade knife came razor sharp out of the box just like the Sebenza.
The beauty of them both is that they are EASY to keep that way! I think that both these steels are really stand-outs for stock-removal steels.
You won't be dissappointed with the Reeve fixed-blade line!!

Back