Question about refurbishing

Well it's been a while, I think 11 years since my last post...wow! As part of my new year routine, I was going through my bug-out/ survival/ prepping supplies and I found a kit in my crawlspace (I hid it from myself!) that contained a Fusion Steel Heart (That I spent many nights cursing the thief I was sure had stolen it). I bought waaaaay back during their first run...2004-ish maybe?

Anyway, I am not a collector. I bought the FSH for my pack knife and a Satin Jac Tac for my belt knife. Needless to say, these two knives along with a large sebbie handled the majority of my bladed needs for many years.

The reason for the thread: I removed the coating from the FSH shortly after I got it. In the years since, the blade has been put through hell. The edge is still pristine after a few minutes with a leather belt on the belt grinder, and the snakeskin micarta handles have held up nicely. I was thinking it had earned a refurbish...maybe a refinish to make it pretty again. I am not looking to have it re-coated. But maybe have the gouges and scratches polished out of the blade. Does the shop do that for a fee?

Custom Shop is not taking and jobs like that at the moment and there is no information about when it will again.
Your best bet ATM is checking with REK

Not sure how to post pics, but ill give it a shot...
Dl0JX5LhSMq6kS2w_Bxb8w.ECWPON050PeCaCAdc24nt7
nope. Pic size is 800x 600... not sure why it won't work with google photos...nevermind...got it (I think)

LO_ucwIz2p3NZilPuE4cl8zkPi6S-w4DX04sc1Ql2kbO99fkyoWOH5RgYkAgkEOhCq-sHu5dzScBG9oY2R7ssqzbDz7E7iFdAiCEnvJ7Zbm3fZ-n-RN3NfLEOnqqlZ4rsVCldd4SCP54FbSLs4y3BKxjxCoEeeY2Vkw8GzyDYET7YuW-UYJXOm-foMs54Y6BSSg2ZhJqIcW-l3wLcM2bJoT0EvJ9ejEeml_EVgaw7C0VrTNbLfQr_8ueF3fEbrpTLZ1oKqg0u8z4BqvjRwyFSvEbL05G6wmba-bO78DdUQQ_614cjkheT6lUepoT6XaaILkPMFLBr2HbrpvT8XOfaA_Nw7VjXN-0y9KzhnfXIsJ6aZjH5Ue10c1wQmKnQ6Auv0kObltt0Q-QH8WxU69VhHjrlvA4GIGWbC4KU0siFDeGW0bHLHzcp5thY5pAv150fck18gVwr04DFMyrkKEzZat_aXgZoes6PZY_m5fEv3Mlz1Ce0aM92SEJxsbk6xnT-twCq2d7lHWVlQyag9NAOGrkSGUD9-o1U84CNleIaD7qMMgzXp78iSB_7IZgS-kVdR6cJpJYsD4f8l_x8p-aN9ATQM3iSXvyVQ8me5tjtK-wO2jrcaB1jUu0ZpBa5ClGIw0GnOCG_jYqok7OGXjA2RBxnLWT1C5tU5vfIx0oSiUgjUIEdrqNBZbKve0dGg=w800-h600-no

what is REK?
Dl0JX5LhSMq6kS2w_Bxb8w.ECWPON050PeCaCAdc24nt7

Last edited:
According to his site, he’s not currently taking in any refurbishing work. But I’m sure someone here will soon offer another solution. Good luck. That FSH is handsome.
https://razoredgeknives.com/

I spoke with Josh pretty recently and he said he’s almost totally focused on his own knives right now, so I think that route is closed for the near future as mentioned above.

It’s too bad - he could’ve worked some magic on that. No idea who else is in the game that comes well recommended.

How about AzTim ? He offers his striptition finish and sharpening. I had him do a coupe blades for me. All came out awesome !!!!

Good call, Duramax. Was trying to remember him. I’m sure your Memory Bank is younger than mine.

i think a little sandpaper/wire brush/ can get a lot done.

If it ends up too perty you might hesitate using it ;)

Good call, Duramax. Was trying to remember him. I’m sure your Memory Bank is younger than mine.

Well I cheated in regards to memory lol. I had my Infi weiler with striptition finish out when I saw this.

How about AzTim ? He offers his striptition finish and sharpening. I had him do a coupe blades for me. All came out awesome !!!!

I think he to suspended or stopped doing them because he was too busy with other things.
Never hurts to ask.

I've used a scotchbrite wheel chucked into an electric drill, and the drill clamped in a vise to make a ghetto blade refinishing station. Please wear cut resistant gloves.

It couldn't hurt to call the Shop and see if this fits in their limited parameters for work.

FSH w/Snakeskin? Ooh. bet you're getting offers already.

I've used a scotchbrite wheel chucked into an electric drill, and the drill clamped in a vise to make a ghetto blade refinishing station. Please wear cut resistant gloves.

It couldn't hurt to call the Shop and see if this fits in their limited parameters for work.

FSH w/Snakeskin? Ooh. bet you're getting offers already.

This is a pretty good idea...this is what I initially did when I removed the coating, only I had the knife in the vise...I think I will give your idea a try. :thumbsup:

What about @Ndocyk wasn’t he refurbishing and regrinds on blades ?

Back