question about slipjoints

I have 1 case slipjoint knife, and i was playing with it while watching tv. I open and closed it 100 times. Then i looked at it and noticed a brass burr when the brass and steel is sandwiched together on the inside. On the outside of the knife where you see the steel and brass sandwich you can feel another slight burr with your finger. Does this stop over time with opening and closings as it wears in, or is this how it is for life with slip joints. Thanks for the help guys.

Dunno...but I think you better get a beer ands relax when watching TV. Or switch channels.

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
It helps to know what model it is. And, to know exactly where the burr is. Can you post a pic, or describe it more exactly?

I think Case quality headed south. Some say the quality is coming back. I had six case slipjoints & sold them. The steel in the blades were not much better than a kitchen butterknife. IMO.:eek: :barf:

I think you'll find that if you post this in the "traditional folder & fixed blades" section you might get more useful info.

Do you have a picture? Is it a burr on one of the liners? Was it there initially? What model knife is it?

As to the quality of Case knives, they've definitely made a comeback. Their stainless is about the same as that used in a Buck 110 or 112. I don't like it much. However, I LOVE the CV steel they use on some models, and you'll find that many folks swear by it.

Peace.