Question about the Delica 98 and a bit of praise...

Sal.

Thank You. I just purchased a Delica 98, and am very pleased with it, enormously pleased with it.

I have wanted other knives worse, have paid more for knives, but of all my purchases to date, this one has been the most satisfying.

The clip is powder coated?

Will we see colored handles again? Pink, Red, Blue???

Thank You,

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

Marion David Poff fka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

Patiently waiting for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock Martial Folder, Shabaria and JD Smith, heck if it si from Spyderco I'm anxious; REKAT Escalator and Pat Crawford design.

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

I would love it if Spyderco would take one of its "core" line, e.g. Endura, Delica, etc., and produce it in different colors like the Gigand Spectrum. The black scales and stainless clips (nice that clips are coming in black) still stands out like a sore thumb clipped to my pocket. I have had people asked and gasped at my little Native as well as Viele in my pocket. Yet, when I have my much larger KFF with the gray bolster and clip and fairly deep carry, hardly anyone notices, except a knife nut..

I like my Spydies, use it more than the other knives, but relegate them to my jacket pocket. Kind of defeats the convenience and carry considerations. I like the quality of the Spydies I have and handled but held off purchasing any of the larger blades because of my concern with "discretion" factor. Now, a denim blue knife would match my jeans which I wear 5 out of 7 days. It may give off a "cute" rather than "horror" vibe.

For what it's worth.

sing

[This message has been edited by sing (edited 08 February 1999).]

Oh no not the colors again! Guys it is not only a nightmare for Manufacturers to make colors but for distributors and dealers as well. Suddenly one SKU becomes 10 or more with all just a couple of colors. Blue with Combo edge, plain edge and full serrations. I could understand a limited run but not an actuall production run in which they show them in the catalog. Sorry Eye if I blow it for ya
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I'd be happy if there were just clips available in the opposite color for each of the clip styles. eg. flat black for the Viele and silver for the endura/delica
Aaron

------------------
My sheep has seven gall bladders, that makes me King of the Universe!
aaronm@cs.brandeis.edu

Hey, cry me a river for you poor dealers
smile.gif
I love colors, man! My wife still carries the pink delica I gave her years ago. She loves that thing.

The only problem with the delica and endura is that they're so lightweight, have such good performance and toughness for the price, I end up carrying them instead of the higher-price knives I intended to carry.

My friends and I have always marvelled how no matter what knives we buy, we always "end up" carrying a delica or endura!

Joe
jat@cup.hp.com

Yeah,

That is the main reason I want colors, a pink Merlin 99 for my sisters and mother, and a red one to go into my bag, sporty.

The Delica is the Cat's Meouw and the cats claw too.

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

Patiently waiting for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock Martial Folder, Shabaria, JD Smith, Merlin 99, and Keating Chinook, heck if it is from Spyderco I'm anxious; REKAT Escalator.

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Hey Sal,

A PC marketing slogan for ya.

Spyderco:

The Cat's Meouw and Claw Too!!!

Particularly effective with the Merlin.

------------------

Patiently waiting for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock Martial Folder, Shabaria, JD Smith, Merlin 99, and Keating Chinook, heck if it is from Spyderco I'm anxious; REKAT Escalator.

Marion- That slogan would be purrfect for the over-50 ELU.
wink.gif
(I'm almost there so no fair taking offense!)

We plan a batch of pink Delicas this year. Probably about 1200 pieces total. We've had many requests. But as a single batch, the distributors and dealers do not have a problem to stock it, they can get some once, and then they'll be gone.

Hadn't thought about a pink Merlin? We also have a plan for one run of pink Crickets this year, same deal.

At the SHOT Show, I remember someone talking about one of our distributors ordering a batch of gray or olive green Crickets as an exclusive.

Mike is right about the SKU nightmare for distributors and dealers. In fact that is a problem that I will be bringing up as a separate thread. We could really use some "astute" opinion in this area. Watch for it in the next coupla days. "Too Many SKU's?"
sal

Pink Delicas? !!!!!

Very cool.

I will buy like 5-10.

Sal, I really appreciate the effort you go to trying to please us and you do a good job.

Looking forward to that thread about SKU's.

------------------

Patiently waiting for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock Martial Folder, Shabaria, JD Smith, Merlin 99, and Keating Chinook, heck if it is from Spyderco I'm anxious; REKAT Escalator; Benchmade Mel Pardue with Axis and M2 Axis AFCK.

Sal:

Be sure to give us a heads-up when the pink Delicas are in the pipeline.

With all the interest, maybe we can get a forum group purchase going from someone.

Joel

I'll let you know scheduled delivery as soon as I know. We'd like the dealers to order them all before they arive. "Extra" inventory is always difficult to manage.
sal

I just bought a Delica '98 along with a Benchmade 350 at a gun show. I already had been using the original Delica for some time. Great improvements on an already great design! I even noticed the blade is about one-fourth inch longer than the original, the grind more pronounced. A tool you are not afraid to use and carry! Jim

Back