Question about the Moran

Hey Sal and everyone at Spyderco!

I just got my first Moran. Cool little knife.

There has been some talk lately of the possibility of blade separation failures in a custom maker's knives. When I started playing with the Moran today I started wondering what type of tang it might have.

Short of cutting the handle off of mine, which I am tempted to do anyway and have a Micarta one added, can I find out how the handle and tang are attached?

Any pics?

Thanks in advance.

There has been some talk of this before. You could try the search feature. As I remember, the tang is less than full length but it is "hooked" at the back. Sal has assured us again and again that that handle isn't going to come off! He bases that no only on the engineering but also on the extremely low number of them that come back for handle problems.

Tulsamal - thank you.

4th - taking the handle off is very difficult. You'll have to ruin the handle to do it. Personally, I defy any custom maker to make it stronger. Most of our knives are stronger and more reliable than customs in general. What custom makers offer than we cannot in the attention to detail, and custom features.

sal

Back