1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

question about the TL-29 electrician's knife.

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by mg357, Apr 3, 2019.

1. mg357

mg357

May 31, 2012
    I have a question about the TL-29 electrician's knife. When did the did TL-29 electrician's knife.

Receive the designation of TL-29 electrician's knife?

2. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    Earlier than 1963 when I got issued one as a parachute packer, and rigger. It was a tl29 then and had wood handles.

3. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    I had one issued with my tool kit back in 1986 when I was a 31V signal corps soldier.
    But mine had plastic scales.

4. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    Ar least as far back as WW2. My father was issued one in 1943.