question / advice

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by BFH44, Jan 25, 2011.

  1. BFH44


    Nov 3, 2010
    right after posting on another thread here i received a message from a friend on facebook asking how to report a video and get people banned or busted or something - it was people doing really bad things to an animal (i do not want to be graphic or cause unrest)

    message as follows -- Hi Eric, sorry to bother you but I need some help on this video....not nice to watch...sorry :( Is there anyone that it can be reported to so they can be found and caught?

    (link removed)

    my reply

    I reported it - but the more people that report it the better - click on the video so it opens in new page - when the video starts to play click the stop or pause button -- look to the right and down and you will see -- report share - click report it will they ask what reason click violence then it will ask what type click graphic.

    There is some way to report it to the authorities in the USA but i don’t know how yet and it might be in another country of origin

    I will send to friends and ask them to report it as well – blessings to you and thank you – Eric

    my question to people here - does anyone know how to get that kind of thing reported to the authorities and not just reporting to the Admin at facebook?

    I m not posting this to cause a stir -or even a discussion on the video or anything like it

    i am asking sincerely and because this type of thing is the fourth time in seven or eight months that someone has asked me to help with something of this nature and i am at a loss of what can be done other than clicking the report button at the page where the video is.

    does anyone know how to go about reporting these things to the authorities? or even what authorities to report it too? whether the violence be to a human or an animal ? police ? state ? local ? FBI ?

    thank you sincerely - Eric
  2. Steve Tall

    Steve Tall

    Aug 28, 2010
    Sounds like a federal offense, if the perps can be tracked down in this country.

    "...the Animal Crush Video Prohibition Act of 2010... immediately bans the creation and distribution of obscene animal torture videos that show the intentional crushing, burning, drowning, suffocating and impaling of puppies, kittens and other live animals for the titillation of viewers."

    "What can you do?
    1. Once you realize that it is a crush video, stop watching it. These videos can be quite grisly, and are extremely traumatic to watch.
    2. If possible, download the video file to your computer, and send it (along with the url of the page and any user information that may be included) to [email protected] and [email protected]. Do NOT complain to the site owner until this has been done, otherwise they may remove the video, and then animal protection agencies have no evidence to work from.
    3. If the video is posted on a community website such as MySpace, e-mail the website's support team, reporting it as inappropriate and offensive.
    If a video has made it to MySpace, however, there is a good chance it is already posted on one of the gore sites. On sites that are clearly geared towards displaying offensive content, sending an angry letter to the webmaster will typically not help. Those sites make money on advertising, so the more offensive their content is, the more website hits it usually gets. In short, their most disturbing videos are their bread and butter, and it is unlikely that they will remove a video that is getting such strong reactions.
    4. For gore sites, to find out who owns the domain name, and where the website is hosted, use a lookup utility such as or You may try e-mailing or calling the website hosting company, however... the chances are good that the website host is already aware of the content and simply does not care."
  3. BFH44


    Nov 3, 2010
    thank you - i do a lot of rescue work and many people know that I am involved so they send me stuff asking me what to do -

    - when it comes to hands on rescue work i am knowledgeable and have a lot of connections in the field -

    - but when it comes to internet and computer stuff i have little if any know how - - great information - i will pass this on to my friends in the rescue community -- thank you so much

    can I copy your post to a word document and save it if you dont mind - i will leave off your profile info and just copy paste the dialog - is that OK with you ?

    Sincerely; no BS - Eric Angeletti
  4. Steve Tall

    Steve Tall

    Aug 28, 2010
    No problem, leave me out but I do ask that you attribute the two sources with full link addresses.

  5. BFH44


    Nov 3, 2010
    yep - all good - thanks again
  6. captlid


    Feb 23, 2002
    Your keyboard also has a printscreen button on the upper right corner.

    Press the shift key and print screen key and then open up paint or your favorite graphics program, then on the keyboard press CRTL and the letter v to save the graphic.

    This will give you the evidence to show the person's username who posted the video. From there its very easy for the authorities to put a subpoena on that person's account with facebook or myspace or whomever. They will then get the IP address of the network it was posted from. Then they find the ISP and hopefully a corresponding user account with the ip address.

    Do it right away though, cause ISP's periodically flush out user IP address logs. Inform the authorities that they should act on the info ASAP.

    Sometimes innocent people's computers are taken over as unsuspecting Bots too.
  7. BFH44


    Nov 3, 2010
    thank you - i really appreciate the help - you guys are fantastic

Share This Page