Question for Anne or Chris about serrations?

Question for the Reeve's,
When you say you can add the serrations for $20, does that mean on a current knife in production? Or can I send my Sebenza in to have it done? If so, it's on the way. Thanks!
Joseph

------------------
"May you live in interesting times"

AKTI - A000389

And my question still stands too. Why don't you at least offer a fully serrated blade for the few who would want it? Is it just not worth getting/setting up the equipment for so few? Maybe you could just charge more to do it?

Bernie

We can do serrations on either an existing knife or they can be special ordered. If you already have a knife and send it back in, the cost of serrations is $20.00 but it is also necessary to replace the thumblug ($10) and refinish the blade ($10). If you order a new knife with the serrations option, then add $20 to the price.

I tried to post and answer to your question about a fully serrated blade yesterday, Bernie, but somewhere along the way, the post got eaten (for this read that I am having some problems with my computer at the moment!! - actually, the problem probably lies with the operator but that's another issue...!)

Anyway, we choose not to offer a fully serrated blade because it is a whole different ball game machining them around the belly of the blade. It would require a completely different way of doing the job and we do not feel it benefits us. People like Spyderco are set up differently and do a fine job - we will leave it to them.

Anne

Back