question for jerry...basics discontinued?

a post on the individual for sale forum mentions that the basics have been discontinued?...this is the first i have heard of this!....is this true or is it just hype to sell his basic nine?......abcessed inquiring minds want to know.....thanks...feverdoc

------------------
PUS HAS BIN BERRY BERRY GOOD TO ME

feverdoc

feverdoc,
Since I am the party potentially "hyping" in order to sell my Basic 9, I would just refer all to the post I placed explaining to you where the information came from. Subsequent to that post, I asked a dealer who has in the past sold Basics to check the situation out. He called 3 distributors, BRK, CFI and one in CA whose name escapes me. The answers he got were "yes", "probably" and "I think so". Therefore, I suppose what I thought was common knowledge since so many sources were repeating similar stories, was in fact only verifiable as rumor.

I never thought that the knife would need any "hype" since I was offering it at a ridiculously low price of $185. It has, however, received no inquiries so I must assume that the price at which I am offering it is too high (?) or just nobody wants one.

In any event, along with you, I look forward to hearing a reply from someone in the Busse org. to set the matter straight. I don't want to go around giving out bad intel.

------------------
A Patriot's Work Is Never Done--greetings from The Occupied South
Knives For Sale http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=583484&a=4261694

truedge...great knife....very good price..certainly not too high when compared to other prices for nib 9's on the net..keep your price as is...someone will buy it....it seems that my local dealer has no trouble locating them at present but the distributors he uses may be very different than those you mentioned..he did say that moteng had at least fifty of each model in stock as of today...he mentioned another but i can't remember which one it is...he also has quit carrying the basic line and "discontinued" them from his inventory long ago but still carries all of the combat grade items....he will special order the basics on request as for some reason they didn't sell well for him..... he was hanging in the wrong demographics i guess
smile.gif
.....your intel is neither right nor wrong, bad or good....i just wanted the busse staff to verify if production of these items are at an all time low ar are they gone for good

so jerry....are the basics discontinued or not?.....thanks....feverdoc

feverdoc,
Moteng was the CA distributor whose name I couldn't remember. They are the ones who gave my guy the "I dont know". If they have fifty of each I guess they really don't care right now.
smile.gif

Thanks for introducing the thread because, like you, I would really like to know. I should have pursued it further before stating such, but had no reason to doubt the sources at the time.

------------------
A Patriot's Work Is Never Done--greetings from The Occupied South
Knives For Sale http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=583484&a=4261694

NO they have not been discontinued, NO they have not been discontinued, NO they have not been discontinued. Hope that answers your question. Andrew.
biggrin.gif

Back