Question for RYP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
Robert in another thread you said that TOPS was going to be making the HEST fixed blade now and not ROWEN and i was curious as to what kind of warranty the TOPS version was going to have.

What is the TOPS Warranty like? It may not be exactly the same for the DPx stuff, but it might be a good indication on what to expect.

It is my understanding the knife will be made by TOPS only. It will still be marketed and warrantied by DPX-Gear. What difference does it make in this situation what TOPS warranty is?

The difference would be that the HEST that ROWEN made has the ESEE warranty that i'm sure everyone here is familiar with and unless i'm mistaken TOPS does not warrant there products like that. I highly doubt that i'll ever break a HEST but i was curious if the new HEST was going to have the normal TOPS warranty or something different.

I'm expecting the same warranty on the TOPS made Hest's that exist on the ROWEN made Hest's. I've seen nothing to indicate anything but the manufacturer will change.

Actually the ROWEN HEST has an ESEE warranty NOT a DPx warranty. I am not saying the TOPS HEST will have a different warranty but really the previous HEST was covered by ESEE.

That being said I would say that RYP will stand behind his product 100%.

I also understand what the OP is asking but I have never dealt with TOPS so I don't personally know what their warranty is.

And Rowen (original maker of the Hest) didn't warranty the DPX-Hest either. I don't see why you would assume that TOPS will warranty it after they start manufacturing it.

You can easily find out what the TOPS warranty is by going to the TOPS Knives website, http://www.topsknives.com/information.php?info_id=2, the warranty info isn't secret.

EDIT: My point in this is that with all of the new products that are coming down the pipe as shown on the DPX-Gear website , DPX-Gear is likely going to be dealing with many different manufacturers for these products. Letting the manaufacturer set the warranty on them individually really doesn't make sense (can you imagine what a nightmare that would be?). There will likely be one set warranty that is common across all of the DPX-Gear branded knives. I will wait to hear the actual info from RYP, but I don't see him changing the warranty drastically from what is currently the warranty on the HEST as warrantied by ESEE. If he does, it would be a very hard sell to the consumers (US).

Last edited:
I warrantee my gear I make and sell the same way I would like any gear I buy to warranteed. Anyone care to guess what that would be? :)

Life is too short and money is too tight for shitty gear or whiney manufacturers. The warranty comes from DPx regardless of the manufacturer. Lifetime warranty on manufacturing quality and real people answering your questions.

Thanks for the reply RYP, that's what i was wanting to here.

Now how long before there ready :D

Don't have a date for the DPx HEST Fixed to be in the dealers hands. Will be doing all that this week. We will be looking doing some different finishes (Coyote, digital, OD) so weigh in if you have a preference.

I could go for all those colors you mentioned, especially the digital.

Another thought besides the different colors RYP, TOPS does some of there handles in what they call Rocky Mountain tread, any chance on gettin those handles for the new HEST ?

Don't have a date for the DPx HEST Fixed to be in the dealers hands. Will be doing all that this week. We will be looking doing some different finishes (Coyote, digital, OD) so weigh in if you have a preference.

Orange scales and black blade!!

Digital, non-reflective would be my everyday druthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back