1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Question for Sal. (not important, just wondering)

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Blades, Apr 10, 2000.

1. Blades

Blades

Oct 5, 1998
    I was wondering how long you have been carrying your Police model. The one you can deploy in milliseconds. Or do you swap out for a new one each year? Just wondering. Thanks.

Blades

2. Chinook

Chinook

Mar 13, 1999
    It was a Military that got insta-deployed in an upstairs hallway at Golden in August/99 on my tour of the KeenFactory. Butt I have no doubt that Sal could flick many of his "babies" into action in expeditious fashion. [​IMG]

------------------
    ><CHINOOK*>
    --
    Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult

3. Blades

Blades

Oct 5, 1998
    Well maybe thats what I'm thinking of. I know Mr. Glesser has said before that he does "test" new knives. But I thought there might be one that he has carried for awhile. Just wondering.

Blades

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 04-11-2000).]

4. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Blades - All things considered, The Military works best for me in deployment. A "broken in" model is a tad easier. I have 1 Military in serrations and 1 in plain. I trade off. The Police is also easier. My current Police carry is a G10 flat ground plain edge. Both the Military and the Police are not "deep pocket" carry, which also makes a difference. I generally don't "trade them out". Just keep the same pieces until I change to a "new" regular carry.

sal

5. Jadis

Jadis

Oct 2, 1998
    Yeah...the Military rides high enough to get a quick grab on it... So Sal, your knife drawing skills are like, legendary, how do you do it exactly? you pull the hole in the blade or what? We should get a mpeg or something of Sal drawing his knife!

6. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Jadis - I believe the comments are overating the activity. Snobigdeal. practice helps.

sal

7. misque

misque

Jul 9, 1999
    I wonder if Jesse James felt the same way? [​IMG]

8. Blades

Blades

Oct 5, 1998
    Thanks Sal. I was just wondering. And your right(as usual) practice does help.

Jadis,
    From what I've heard, a mpeg wouldn't be fast enough to capture the movement. [​IMG] It's like a humming birds wings. You know there moving, just can't see it. [​IMG]

Blades

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 04-13-2000).]