question on CUDA

Hi Phil, rec. my new CUDA spear point plain blade a week ago from Discount Knives. The blade bevels seemed to be off somewhat. The logo side was a perfect 25 deg and the right side was a 30 deg. bevel. Well reading the literature that came with the knife Camillus it says recommends a 10-15 deg. bevel. I tried putting a 25 deg. bevel on both sides but they were off, noticeably so. I then started with the 15 deg but noticed it was fairly shallow across the grind on the cantle so setteled on a 20 deg for both sides. This seemed to even it out so the bevels look equal on both sides. My problem is I just can't seem to get the knife edge sharp enough. When I do it appears a little to thin to almost the point of the edge flaking off. I never get home early enough to call the company so hence this mssg. Anyways I am using a Lansky Diamond hone system. Very accurate on the edge bevels and will leave them nice and clean. Thanks for any info.

Longbow,
Camillus Literature was written in the 50s and had a simple sharpening stone in mind.
It means 10-15 PER SIDE!
Double these for modern fixtured sharpening devices.

Back