Question on Swamp Rats: are they all available yet?

There has been mention from Blade attendees that ther are 4 swamp rat models: a 9.5" - 7.5" - ~5" - and a hatchet But only the battle rat and the camp tramp show up on the web site. Are these the only ones available right now ? or if you call are the others available to order?

The Battle Rat and Camp Tramp are all we are accepting orders for at this time. Be patient, as soon as the Swamp Rat forum starts I'll post plenty of pictures of all 5 models.

SR Forum should be up on the website by the end of the week.

Thanks Eric,

2 more quick ones: are they all going to be 1/4" stock?
and "WE" are you going to be working for SR Eric? (you lucky dog!!):eek:

Be patient
I almost missed this one Eric LMAO :D
You're kidding right? INFIoholics be patient???? Eric, I know you weren't born yesterday, you know those two things mix like oil and water! I guess that answers my question about working for SR LOL ;):p :rolleyes:

Well, pictures of all 5 models are all well & good, but being able to order them is what I really want :D

I'll refrain from asking any SR availability questions here in the Busse forum and will wait for the SR forum to open up I guess...

Originally posted by mikemck
I'll refrain from asking any SR availability questions here in the Busse forum and will wait for the SR forum to open up I guess...

It won't be long...no really it won't...:D:D

Pictures will be plastered all over the forum once it is up and running. :D:D

In any case, it is nice to see the Basic line back in action, and expanded. At the price point they should be very dominant, assuming performance on par with the Basics, which looks to be the case.

-Cliff

Originally posted by Cliff Stamp
At the price point they should be very dominant, assuming performance on par with the Basics, which looks to be the case.

Actually, performance may even be greater than the Basics, atleast in some areas. This SR101 is some really special stuff :D

I like the whole concept,especially the swamp rat thing,thats cool.I also like the idea of basic carbon steel for a cheaper blade.We all know infi is the best but for an all around abuser user carbon does fine esp. when paired with strict quality control as these knives I'm sure will have.I even like the warranty,if you break it fix it yourself,which all in all is what it really boils down to,self responsibility that is.If you break an infi blade it is in my opinion you should not have been doin it,same with SR series.I will say this however,it will be difficult to keep talk of these knives out of the Busse forum,and it will be even more difficult for Mr. Busse and Mrs.Busse to keep these two companies apart,I have personal experience with that one.I like the idea of expansion,even though I would have made it a sleeper company with no acknowledgement of being any subsidiary of Busse knives.Hard to do I know but it can be done.Sorry to ramble thats just the business in me seepin out.I still see one of these windin up on my ruck or ATV.Hey if they ever intro the folder in this series they could call it the house mouse line LOL,that to would be cool!

Originally posted by marsupial
I even like the warranty,if you break it fix it yourself,which all in all is what it really boils down to,self responsibility that is.

I'm not sure that's what the warranty actually means. I read it as "we're not going to invest in a lot of legalese - *you* tell *us* if you think you're entitled to warranty repair for your problem"

Originally posted by bae

I'm not sure that's what the warranty actually means. I read it as "we're not going to invest in a lot of legalese - *you* tell *us* if you think you're entitled to warranty repair for your problem"

Exactly!!

The new forum will be up shortly to answer all these questions and more. :D

Hmmm.. what does this mean exactly? So there is a warranty?I understood it to mean there is no warranty at all.So in other words if I break it and I think it should be replaced due to faulty workmanship then it will be replaced,but if I break it by trying to break a mack truck tire down and I feel I should not have done this then I will have to buy a new one myself?If this is the case then this is a totally new concept I am not familiar with.If I have misunderstood again someone please set me straight.Am I to understand that a company that produces a hard use tool is giving the warranty decision up to the customer?I can understand a lifetime warranty by Busse,but this kind of warranty totally eludes me.

Exactly, marsupial, it's totally up to the customer. It's based on trust. You tell them what you want done :D

i know one thing for sure... remember the story of the three little pigs? well if the wolf had one of these dirty rats, the brick house wouldn't have done those little piggys any good! they chop through bricks with minimal damage if any.

Remember... A skunk is mans best friend.

www.swampratknives.com

These things are awesome. All of will likely get at least two of each! Cutting through a cinder block with no chipping or gouging of the edge. Wow!:eek:

I've already got a Camp Tramp ordered and will, over time, get all of them myself. For under $150 for a 7 1/2 inch blade "Busse", it can't be beat.

Get yours now!;)

Hail Jennifer! Hail to the swamp Queen!

Ed

Originally posted by EdwardB
www.swampratknives.com

Hail Jennifer! Hail to the swamp Queen!

Well said :D:D

Andrew hit the nail on the head on the warranty. It is up to the customer to determine the warranty, I think the warranty I write for mine will involve the lifetime of several Sequoia's PLUS pig's being able to fly ;):D If you only want your warranty to last a lifetime, well that's up to you ;)

So what it boils down to really is that it's a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Same as the Busse line. Just a clever way of presenting it, which I think is a good idea from a marketing standpoint.

Originally posted by harrydog
So what it boils down to really is that it's a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Same as the Busse line. Just a clever way of presenting it, which I think is a good idea from a marketing standpoint.

Well, I don't know how clever it really is, since it apparently is causing some consumer confusion.

Back