1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUESTION: What is the cheapest price ever paid for a Kit Carson Custom Model 16 Bead Blast Stellite

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by VONTUNE, Jul 12, 2018.

1. VONTUNE

VONTUNE Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2014
    6 K Blade in mint condition

How low can it go ?

Carson_ti_drilled_750.jpg

Genuinely interested in all answers,, cynical and otherwise

2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    You've got it listed on eBay and For Sale here....evidently $900 is still too high. ;)

That's an earlier Carson, circa 1990's....

john april and Win Heger like this.
  3. VONTUNE

Apr 28, 2014
    I still own Kit's handmade Knife Chest, I had solid meteorite integral fixed blades made by Kit. I greatly appreciate his work.
    As for the price in question, on this M16,, I'm an old dude trying to gain a different perspective - - thanks man for your comments 8BE89017-8ABD-4EA0-9CC5-214757A43605.PNG

Attached Files:

Barman1 likes this.
  4. jftman

jftman

Sep 3, 2006
    Could be used as a watch repair tools chest. Is it built as a knife storage chest? (Oops re-read) Drawers deep enough?

5. VONTUNE

Apr 28, 2014
    Yes, absolutely it's what Kit built it for. I can show some more pictures if you'd like.
    It even has a hidden drawer .

Dawkind likes this.
  6. dcoffe01

dcoffe01

Aug 14, 2012
    It is dangerous having a knife chest that large. It means you have to fill it.

Dawkind likes this.
  7. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Beautiful knife and chest.
    Was the chest posted here before - it seems to ring a bell … ?

Dawkind likes this.
  8. VONTUNE

Apr 28, 2014
    Hi,
    Yes, I posted the chest on here about a year ago. I figured I'd show it again since I was selling Kit's knife.
    The chest is also for sale

Thanks for liking it

9. bandaidman

bandaidman Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2001
    I paid $225 on bf.com for a custom kit carson folder a while back
    he made an excellent knife and i am sorry you are having trouble selling yours

the knife chest looks very nice. as a fly tier i use several gerstner style boxes. the original usa made ones are generally less than $1000
    clones can be less than a hundred and the import gerstner for a few hundred.

i think the price for a deceased maker's goods may unfortunately be less than you anticipated or hoped for

Dawkind likes this.
  10. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Well since you asked, a lot lower :) Your ad copy could use some help. You don't give the materials, you don't say when it was made, how you obtained it, what makes the pattern special etc. If the only thing special is the blade material, that's not as hot as it once was.

11. tom mayo

tom mayo

Jan 27, 1999
    I have bought a number of Kit's knives in the $500 range before.........a long time ago!!!