1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about this knife

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by Robert M Arnold, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Robert M Arnold

Robert M Arnold

Oct 26, 2018
    I got this knife from a friend in college after we moved out from our apartment. I really love the balance, and the feel in the hand. However it doesn't hold the greatest edge. I am pretty sure it's stainless. I can't find any information online, and in my searching came across yall. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The following link is the only place I have seen it and it doesn't have any real info (this is not my website, I'm looking for information not to sell) https://gsalehunter.com/products/butcher-knife-marked-geneva-tempered-stainless-usa

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. Robert M Arnold

Robert M Arnold

Oct 26, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Your pics don't show. And your link leads to a Maxamedge made in Japan. Is that your knife?

4. thebrain

thebrain Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I think those were given as a promotion item with a sale of Kirby vacuums. I have one and mine is from when my mother purchased a Kirby in the mid 80's. It is hard to believe that one could get $18 for one like in the link.

5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Its a cheapo that was available under many brands such as Chef's Collection which I used to own, and which seems to be the most common branding to come by in my Goodwill hunts.
    I dont recall seeing maxamedge before, but I see so many for $1 that I pass up and don't pay attention to what brand is on them.

6. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Maxam was a 1970s/80s Import brand of lower quality Japanese knives for the US market. Maxamedge was their kitchen cutlery line. The brand still exists under B&F Systems Inc and now carry low priced Chinese made knives including some blatant copies of well known models.