1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!
  4. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

Questions about this knife

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by Robert M Arnold, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Robert M Arnold

Robert M Arnold

Oct 26, 2018
    I got this knife from a friend in college after we moved out from our apartment. I really love the balance, and the feel in the hand. However it doesn't hold the greatest edge. I am pretty sure it's stainless. I can't find any information online, and in my searching came across yall. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The following link is the only place I have seen it and it doesn't have any real info (this is not my website, I'm looking for information not to sell) https://gsalehunter.com/products/butcher-knife-marked-geneva-tempered-stainless-usa

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. Robert M Arnold

Robert M Arnold

Oct 26, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Your pics don't show. And your link leads to a Maxamedge made in Japan. Is that your knife?

4. thebrain

thebrain Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I think those were given as a promotion item with a sale of Kirby vacuums. I have one and mine is from when my mother purchased a Kirby in the mid 80's. It is hard to believe that one could get $18 for one like in the link.

5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Its a cheapo that was available under many brands such as Chef's Collection which I used to own, and which seems to be the most common branding to come by in my Goodwill hunts.
    I dont recall seeing maxamedge before, but I see so many for $1 that I pass up and don't pay attention to what brand is on them.

6. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Maxam was a 1970s/80s Import brand of lower quality Japanese knives for the US market. Maxamedge was their kitchen cutlery line. The brand still exists under B&F Systems Inc and now carry low priced Chinese made knives including some blatant copies of well known models.