Questions about this panga

I recently brought this panga home from our duck blind. It's a family spot and this panga originally belonged to my cousin's husband. He left it there over the year because he didn't like it, so I brought it home to clean up and use. I've searched for the markings but can't find anything other then I believe it's Dominican.
fsPfdsel.jpg

z9E7nPVl.jpg

And I wonder why it didn't work well for him. This is the edge
1rl73Vvl.jpg

Thanks, I thought it may be a knockoff of that but sounds like it was just rebadged. Going to work on sharpening and cleaning that up! Should be a big help around the yard and hunting farm this winter.

a beast of panga!
anyway should be an interesting butchering tool, also!
you might also have to touch up the handle a bit.
it says it's high quality "insuperable" means you can't find better!

One of my favorite user machetes is the Condor (Imacasa) Puerto Rican model which is 14", but stainless steel. I mostly use it for sporadic chopping around the house or on jobs where I need to wack some vines or limbs out of the way.

Love that wide blade . Should make a nice workhorse.
Did it come with some kind of sheath?

I don't know if it came with a sheath or not, when I picked it up it basically had been left for dead in our duck blind but my cousin-in-law.

I have worked on it with a file off and on and I'm about ready to clean up the edge. Then i'll clean up the rest and probably rehandle instead of reshaping the current.

Found a random discussion on a machete, but no pic. But as for the name, perhaps this is applicable:

" Its made in the Dominican Republic. The word CIBAO reffers to the provice (north part of the Dominican Republic) where the factory is....

The sticker roughly translates to: Cibao unbeatable quality. Demand the CIBAO brand. Product of Kawee, la vega (the name of the factory). Made in the Dominican Republic A product of unbeatable quality according to German industry standards."

There are other DR machetes marked PROMEDOCA LA VEGA, perhaps the same or successor company.

At any rate, that is a Burriquito pattern. Incolma also makes one just like it. Your's looks like it might be fairly thick as these things go, based on the appearance of the blade grooves. Nice score.

That particular style is great for woodier targets .I have a Rozador by Imacasa , an 18" blade it chops like an axe on Green wood and not to shabby on dead .

Back