Questions and some hawk project updates

Mods, i think this post is within the rules of the forum, if not please delete.

QUESTIONS FIRST:

1 ) Does anyone have a good source or experience with a nice dark brown paracord?

2 ) Are there any good Turks Head Knot tutorials around here that you can point me at?

3 ) Should we try some leather string on this new dark brown hawk? - or should we wait to put it on our Faux Wood handles?

TIA.

those who were lucky enough to attend the Anza Borrego Gathering a few years back (which was hosted by the editors of Wilderness Way Magazine and attended by such greats as Ron and Karen Hood and my other favorite reprobates that i know and love to camp with), which might be considered the nascent form of the wonderful Dirt Time Gatherings, will remember the wildlife present within reach.

Desert Big Horn Sheep, Coyotes, desert birds, and my favorite, the Kangaroo Rat, were all interacted with in their own domains.

if you have never visited Anza Borrego, i highly recommend it.

stick with me for a second here;

i am having a meeting tentatively scheduled for Friday with a major coatings representative, and i think folks will be pleased with the custom hawks they get when we get settled with these new materials in combination with some other improvements we've recently made such as the Gen 1 Mk V composite hawk handle.

cross your fingers for the humble Hawk Project, brethren.

at any rate;

meanwhile, i am trying out some other paints on some talisman-themed hawks, which relates to the opening conversation here....

i love this thing. - not just because it's the likely beginning of something really great for all of us that love hawks, but because this hawk just seems to have some spirit to it. some hawks are like that, at least for me.

Our micro-pebble micarta-veneer finish we call our Snake Skin.
08.JPG

Handpicked Cold Steel Trail Hawk modified to BUG configuration (Penetrator Poll. Sharks Tooth, and more)
11.JPG

Decorated Strike Plate on Gen 1 Mk V Endo-/Exo-Skeletal Composite handle. The grippy Chocolate Brown Snake Skin is a new finish for us.
13.JPG

Close-up of reinforced Chloroprene hermetic end caps. - One on each end encloses the .50 caliber Through Tube on each one of our Mk V hawks.
crop1.JPG

Kangaroo Rats are true survivors. They will eat your Cheetos though and drill into your cookies packages. You can get away with a lot when you are cute.
crop2.JPG

Hopefully these two varmints will remind the hawker that Smart always beats Strong and Fast in the end. - We try to make our Hawks all three of those though, just in case.
crop3.JPG

more to tell and update, brethren - thanks for lending me your ear.

a special thanks to our Investors here for your involvement with the humble Hawk Project.

we will be updating the website more this week in case you are interested in what is coming down the pipe for all of us.

TOPS is shipping us the protoype Daisy Cutter Axe that i developed, which will be featured in the Army Times i am told.

TOPS is also sending us a shipment of ECO Hawks as soon as they get out of the laser engravers' place and get sharpened at TOPS Knives.

please keep praying for the humble Hawk Project!

your bud,

vec

thanks, brethren.

i really like Supply Captain for the cord. they are hard to beat.

vec

look great vec! i cant wait to see how you plan on workin that daisy cutter

Last edited:
Vec,
Knot Heads World Wide. I take no responsibility for the possibly addictive side effects of learning the simplest of turks. Your mind may become entrapped in a tangle of wonderment and string.

Best lookin hawk I've seen from you so far Vec. Love the kangaroo rats. I think they might be distant relations of mine.

Any details on the improvements to the MkV handle which make it even stronger that you can share at this time?

Any details on the improvements to the MkV handle which make it even stronger that you can share at this time?

I am due for a written Hawk Project update, brother.

I have a bunch of hawks i am working on right now, but I will do a Hawk Project update shortly, to explain the Mk V and some other new stuff/plans/etc. that might be interesting to the brethren here.

pray for sunshine in San Diego - I gotta do some hawk paintin'.

vec

I am due for a written Hawk Project update, brother.

I have a bunch of hawks i am working on right now, but I will do a Hawk Project update shortly, to explain the Mk V and some other new stuff/plans/etc. that might be interesting to the brethren here.

pray for sunshine in San Diego - I gotta do some hawk paintin'.

vec

I'll keep my fingers crossed for some sun, been waiting for my Mk V since 11/19/09, so I'm starting to get the itch.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for some sun, been waiting for my Mk V since 11/19/09, so I'm starting to get the itch.

sorry for the wait.

i appreciate your patience.

we don't mean to tease, we just want to get these hawks right. i've really been ambitious going ahead to building the Mk V's, but it all seems to be working so far in tests and limited production. i am really glad i jumped ahead, as good as the Mk 4's were. - more later on that;

I'll start newsing tomorrow - we just got some Daisy Cutter protoypes and other stuff in that might be fun for folks to hear about too. some of the new coatings i am trying are pretty neat so far as well.

i don't want to get too bogged down with communications while we try to make a big production run now that the SHOT SHOW stuff is out of the way, but i also don't want our investors to get jumpy.

if any brother feels like we aren't taking care of him, just contact my Erica and we wil cut you a check ASAP, or do what we can immediately. that's the Happiness Guarantee. we want folks to never feel like they got a raw deal with us, but we also won't make stuff that i don't trust.

we have a lot of hawks to push out these next few weeks.

the Mk V has gotten the thumbs up and we are going into overdrive....

pictures and updates starting tomorrow, brethren.

HTH.

vec

sorry for the wait.

i appreciate your patience.

we don't mean to tease, we just want to get these hawks right. i've really been ambitious going ahead to building the Mk V's, but it all seems to be working so far in tests and limited production. i am really glad i jumped ahead, as good as the Mk 4's were. - more later on that;

I'll start newsing tomorrow - we just got some Daisy Cutter protoypes and other stuff in that might be fun for folks to hear about too. some of the new coatings i am trying are pretty neat so far as well.

i don't want to get too bogged down with communications while we try to make a big production run now that the SHOT SHOW stuff is out of the way, but i also don't want our investors to get jumpy.

if any brother feels like we aren't taking care of him, just contact my Erica and we wil cut you a check ASAP, or do what we can immediately. that's the Happiness Guarantee. we want folks to never feel like they got a raw deal with us, but we also won't make stuff that i don't trust.

we have a lot of hawks to push out these next few weeks.

the Mk V has gotten the thumbs up and we are going into overdrive....

pictures and updates starting tomorrow, brethren.

HTH.

vec

No worries Vec, Erica has been very forthcoming in our communications, and I am glad she takes the time to answer, usually quite promptly. She quoted me a timeframe, and so far we are still within the guesstimated time. My post was merely to reference that my time should be coming up soon per her quote, and I'm looking forward to getting my BUG. :thumbup:

excellent, brother lapp. thanks again.

new pics and the beginnings of an update within about an hour.

....loading....

vec

Back