quick acsess

hi guys, sorta new here. i need some ideas on a good way to attach knife underneath a flat wood surface such as desk top, shelf, table.... these are for home defence.they take up too much space in drawers. and whatever works for knives should work for guns. right?? oh yeah, kids gone. thanx paul

How about a flat kydex sheath with screws through the eyelets attaching it to the underside of said desk.

SDS

I'm not sure what you would consider inexpensive but there are a lot of makers on the forum here. Kydex is also relatively easy to work with yourself if you are so inclined. If you made your own you would have the added advantage of being able to tailor the sheath to perfectly suit your needs.

SDS

Get some 3M dual lock, stick some to your desk, stick some to your sheath and there you go.

This ain't elegant, but it's cheap and it works. Cut 3 pieces of 1/4" plywood to be rectangles that are longer and wider than your sheath. The cut 2 more plywood strips about 1/2" wide. Stack them up (with glue) with 2 big pieces closest to the desk, then the 1/2" strips at the sides, then the last big piece on the bottom. What you've got is a boxy wooden sheath. The 2 large pieces closest to the desk provide clearance for the handle. Drill holes through the sides of the whole stack and screw it into the underside of the desk or whatever. Voila! Concealed sheath that won't harm or dull your knife (much)! You could build a larger open-ended "box" the same way for a pistol.

Ron

ok ,i got some mini-bungees at HD and some little coffee cup hooks. screwed in hooks about 6" apart. " doubled the bungee . holds knife good. no sheath. got 4 knives scattered thru the house. easy ( and cheap)

Glue a couple of rare earth magnets to the underside of your desk to hold your knife.

I have a metal shelf in my cubicle at work and i keep a small fixed blade (~3.5 OAL) hanging by it's tip.

Ric

hi guys, sorta new here. i need some ideas on a good way to attach knife underneath a flat wood surface such as desk top, shelf, table.... these are for home defence.they take up too much space in drawers. and whatever works for knives should work for guns. right?? oh yeah, kids gone. thanx paul

I use a lot of Velcro on my sheaths. I've gotten away from metal clips and tunnel loops, as well as belt loops this way, while at the same time am able to attach my sheaths at any angle I'd like, as well as change the angle in seconds, (vertical, horizontal, at angle, etc.)

I took the idea from the old original Gerber Guardian set-up and modified it; the sheaths have a smooth back with 'hook-side' Velcro and there is a leather attachment 'plate' with 'loop-side' Velcro. This attachment plate is fastened to a belt with Velcro straps on the inside surface so that one doesn't need to remove the belt to attach the plate. Much more convenient! (For more security on heavy knives use a sandwich arrangement with three layers of Velcro instead of the normal two, using one strip of double sided Velcro.)

When going into a location where you don't want the sheath or contents seen, just strip it off the plate and put it into a pocket. When leaving, take it out of the pocket and slap it onto the plate! No need to open the belt every time.

This can work for your under-desk mount as well. Just glue some hook-side Velcro to the underside of the desk, and some loop side to the sheath back. Use the wide 2" heavy duty Veclro for better adhesion.

Stitchawl

make a cardboard sheath that fits the blade, like busse does! then slap some gorilla tape around that turd. ghetto style!

Back