Quick review on TF's quad carry sheath

LatestSheaths005.jpg

LatestSheaths006.jpg

For those of you who want to EDC a knife, I couldn't think of a much better sheath that this. In the "upright" normal position, it rides high enough that the entire knife is concealed under a standard polo shirt. I'm carrying mine on the belt section between the right front pocket and right rear pocket. Rides extremely comfortable and allows easy access. Doesn't interfere with the seat belt in my Jeep. Fits perfectly when I'm sitting in my office chair as well.

Last night I wore it in a horizontal scout style position in the same section on my belt, between right front and rear pocket, with the handle facing forward. Amazing. Once the sheath loosens up a little, it's going to be a dream to use. I have ZERO concerns about the knife coming out when I don't want it to. It literally snaps into place with a firm "click" when I sheath the knife. It requires two hands to draw it in either carry position and two to sheath when horizontal, but only one in vertical. I love it.

The ladyfinger works great on chicken fried steak!

Awesome. Chicken fried steak isn't much of a challenge though...

Darteres,

Brother - I am so very happy you are happy with that sheath. I wanted to make your first one special - and I am glad you like how it turned out. Andy's knives make it easy to wetform a blade that SNAPS into place. His styling also begs to be shown off - that is why I had the handle come a little more out of the sheath on this one.

I am happy for you bro!

TF

As an update on this, I've been wearing this knife every day since I got it with my normal work clothes. The sheath is incredibly comfortable.

It almost makes me wish I had the Woodsman sheath done that way as well, but a Fiddleback Woodsman in a Talfuchre dangle sheath with firesteel loop is just classic and carries extremely well with a pack.

Thanks for the review. From the first time I saw that carry system, no other leather sheath has come close to it's verstility except maybe Koyote Girl's. Glad to know it works as well as it looks like it should.:thumbup:

Hmm, very cool. I bet my hunter would look great in pants such as these. Nice knife and pants, congratulations!

Back