"Quickening" a folder's opening

I have a BM Stryker and am wondering if you can give me some advice on how to best "speed-up" the opening. Actually, I must say that for a non-auto, it is quite fast in opening. BUT, I am always looking for ways to improve this beauty.

For the lack of a better term, the "washers" around themain post seem to be made of a thin plastic. Is that an accurate description of it, or are they some exotic material that I don't know abou t. If they ARE plastic, are there replacements of a higher wuality material that might add to the speed of the knife?

Please advise...

David

------------------
David P. Sproles
Eagle Scout Class of 1988
dps2970@hotmail.com

I know my Genesis 2 is fast. The washers are a bronze, they might be available from somewhere. Also, Mr. Fennell said that I think it was Tuff-Glide made the joint very slick and incredible fast, almost too fast! You can always buy metal washers and polish them up and add he lubricant. Hope this helps!

I use bronze washers in my folders, they seem to give the best result over the long haul. Periodic cleaning and lube will keep them opening smooth as silk.

------------------
old pete

According to Benchmade, the washers should be nylatron. Custom fitting metal washers would make the action smoother and faster.

nylatron and silicon bronze washers are good, but in my opinion the smoothest washers are teflon....you have to make them yourself...but its worth it....you can get teflon sheet in about any thickness you want from Mcmaster Carr/// they are online.... you can order alittle or a lot.....check it out.....make sure you mike the washers in your knife and replace them with the same thickness or you will have problems.

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

Back